Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Resurrected eighty two

• Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all.

Happy anniversary Chive. Hope you have a lovely day.

Ante, it was very inconsiderate of your cousin just expecting to be able to stay with you.

I've been held back with phone calls so better give myself a shake and get on with things while it's dry.
    SW Scotland
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352
    Ah Pansy - you look younger and better each time we see you😉🤭😁 Visitors bogged off yet? It's exhausting having people to stay isn't it? - don't understand why anybody says they 'love entertaining' - it's just hard work with most people (one close friend is the exception for me).  

As for people inviting themselves Ante - that's just rather rude IMO. One of OH's friends did it a few weeks ago. Made OH clean the bathroom, bedroom, change the bed, iron the bedding etc etc afterwards. He is now less likely to be quite so open with the hospitality...

He is up a ladder painting the garage at the moment (painted render and soffits). Slightly worried he may do a Mary Poppins - it's very windy🤔

Chive - congrats to you and OH for yesterday - hope you had a lovely day.

LB - you were an early starter today - but you usually are.

Rebecca - I'm another who needs a few gallons of tea to face the day.

Off to trawl t'interweb for breakdown and health cover for motorhome and ourselves as we're off to Germany in a couple of weeks. Love Germany - lakes, forests, mountains, spas, clean and orderly campsites - what's not to like? I haven't been for about 5 years so looking forward to it.

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884
    Afties Joyce, PF and T'Bird.
    Joyce, I can't believe you have dry weather!
    PF - its not too good to contemplate your navel for so long. How much longer has the alien invasion to go?
    T'Bird, I felt a twinge of jealousy when you mentioned earlier about your trip to Germany. I've driven with rellies to Austria in the past and it's another beautiful place to visit. When I first saw your post I thought that your OH was painting reindeer! Should have gone to Spocksoothers!
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    In for a cuppa and a rest.
    Autumn colour starting on some shrubs.

Hazel, I imagine 23 will now be at the stage when he can tire you out.

T'bird, do you have a set itinerary for Germany or will you see how the weather is?

Pansy, every picture tells a story!  Hope you recover soon.

SW Scotland
    LB, I reckon the rain gods decided we had had enough rain and so have enjoyed three sunny days.
    SW Scotland
    PF -
    PF - you are excused.

Image result for Cartoon smiling sergeant images

• TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352
    edited August 2019
    Pansy 😁

LB - we love Austria too. Rented a m/home from Munich about 10 years ago (how time flies😱) and drove down to the Italian lakes and also spent time in Austria. All very pretty. Hallstatt is impossibly beautiful. Apparently it is particularly popular with the Chinese - so much so they have built a replica Hallstatt village in China - go figure🤪

We may well sneak over the border on this trip.

Joyce - no fixed itinerary at the moment other than we're travelling on the Harwich - Hook of Holland ferry (only an hour's drive from home and doesn't involve the M25👍). We'll be visiting 2 or 3 spas and we'll be driving down the Romatische Strasse (literally the Romantic Road) which takes in a lot of lovely scenery and small medieval German towns. Will probably come back via the Black Forest which is a rather lovely area.

Will be taking the bikes because the Germans are BIG on cycling and nice, safe non-traffic cycle routes. Most of the campsites and Stellplatz (overnight parking for motorhomes) we've looked at are on the outskirts of towns with cycle routes and public transport links in to town. 

That means we can visit the Bier Kellers without worrying about driving home😁
    Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,930
    The  holiday you are planning TB sounds wonderful . Always wanted to go to Austria and Germany . The many castles , the wonderful countryside ,the small towns and villagers and the old architecture. Have read quite a bit about it . I hope that you have a great time .

Well they've gone now PF so you can breathe a sigh of relief.