Resurrected eighty two

• RubeeRubee Posts: 4,797
    Just got back from an appointment . It was driving with rain when we set off .When we came away it was boiling hot sunshine and we walked home .
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,448
    Just read that Joe Longthorne died of cancer at the weekend.   A great entertainer and impressionist.  Always seemed a tortured soul to me.   
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,698
    More yummy vegetables there Runners. I remember the name Runners but am ashamed to admit I do not remember anything that he did.
    It is lashing down again now so my decision wasn't all bad
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Hazel-1Hazel-1 Posts: 2,318
    Ante and RB, your veggies look lovely, well done.LB, hope your shredding is done or well under way. PF, what can I say? Poor you, but less than 24 hours to go!
    Ive just done some tidying up in garden and deadheading the marigolds. This year they have all got badly infected with mildew and / or fungus but they don’t look very nice. Everywhere is freshened up after the rain and now it’s very muggy outside, cooler inside for a change.
    All fiddly jobs done this morning so just pottering this afternoon. 
    North East
  • LantanaLantana Posts: 5,775
    We were forecast rain all last night and most of this morning. We got a bit in the early hours. That was it. According to Pansy’s map we were approximately under a black line😳

Pansy, a hostess after my own heart😁 Cooking stuff I don’t even want, going out with them and then they relax while you do something for them to eat, I’m too selfish to have visitors. Unless they’re a lazy as I am. We don’t eat red meat and I don’t buy it, let alone cook it, for visitors either - not that we have any, wonder why😁

Those vegetables look nice, Ante. I’m glad I’m not the only one who pulls up carrots just to see what they’re like. I’ve even tried to stuff them back down their hole again when I’ve decided they aren’t ready. I don’t think they like it overmuch.

Hazel, no worries, I’m sure even those of us who have cats aren’t especially fond of their poo!

LB, carry on shredding!
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 621
    Afternoon to all.
    It's boiling hot here and the peak of heat wave will be at monday. Not pleasant at all. I was reading most of the day and now is little eye resting time.

Runny, nice looking veggies. I must try Runner beans next year. Usually make risotto with marrow, or bake it in oven with spuds and carrots. Sometimes just grill it and covered with olive oil and garlic.

Lants I love root vegetables. Never have patient to wait and always check it.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,698
    Shredding completed and even taken down to the compost heap. Garden is squelchy like a bog. Wind had blown over some pots so I did do bit of tidying up. More yellow alerts for tomorrow with thunder and lightning threatened again. I need to sm shop soon as I'm nearly out of milk and that will NEVER do.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,395
    Such a downpour this afternoon with some thunder, haven't seen the lightning yet.  Runny I love runner beans.  Ante i'm partial to root vegetables too.  It must be very satisfying growing your own.    Lantana I don't buy red meat either.   Hazel it's good to get those fiddly jobs out of the way.  Removing my personal details from docs for the bin this afternoon it can be quite time consuming.  Pottered round and had a lay down and had some chamomile tea. Aaaaaaaah.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 4,797
    LB , I have done some gardening and I can’t believe it , even though it’s hammered down all last night an a lot of today ,  twelve inches down the  soil is dry and loose .
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,305
    Our dire forecast hasn't materialised....yet.  Sunny all day apart from a brief shower at 4pm.

Love all types of vegetables and might try beans in a large pot next year. A neighbour brought me some beetroot this afternoon so I'll roast it in tinfoil later.

Good to get rid of the clutter of paperwork LB. It's one of those wet day jobs.

Rubee, I'm always surprised how the earth is still dry a few inches down even after lots of rain.
    SW Scotland