Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,884
    Shredding completed and even taken down to the compost heap. Garden is squelchy like a bog. Wind had blown over some pots so I did do bit of tidying up. More yellow alerts for tomorrow with thunder and lightning threatened again. I need to sm shop soon as I'm nearly out of milk and that will NEVER do.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Such a downpour this afternoon with some thunder, haven't seen the lightning yet.  Runny I love runner beans.  Ante i'm partial to root vegetables too.  It must be very satisfying growing your own.    Lantana I don't buy red meat either.   Hazel it's good to get those fiddly jobs out of the way.  Removing my personal details from docs for the bin this afternoon it can be quite time consuming.  Pottered round and had a lay down and had some chamomile tea. Aaaaaaaah.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,930
    LB , I have done some gardening and I can’t believe it , even though it’s hammered down all last night an a lot of today ,  twelve inches down the  soil is dry and loose .
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Our dire forecast hasn't materialised....yet.  Sunny all day apart from a brief shower at 4pm.

Love all types of vegetables and might try beans in a large pot next year. A neighbour brought me some beetroot this afternoon so I'll roast it in tinfoil later.

Good to get rid of the clutter of paperwork LB. It's one of those wet day jobs.

Rubee, I'm always surprised how the earth is still dry a few inches down even after lots of rain.
    SW Scotland
    We've got Mastermind and Gardeners world tonight for our delectation. Tomorrow night I'm going to try some new puzzles on you brainiacs so consider yourselves warned.
  • TopbirdTopbird Posts: 8,352
    Evening🙂 We’ve had a little rain. Just 3 sharp showers each lasting about 20mins last night and this evening. Nowhere near enough for the garden - but better than nothing. Has been in the high 20’s, very humid and very breezy so rather a draining day.

Nevertheless we’ve cracked on and prepped the garage ready for painting. Will be good to get that job out of the way this week. 

Nice veggies Runners and Ante. Not too keen on runner beans - more of a pea person myself. I adore being able to pick fresh peas and eating them straight from the pod.

Hope you’re all staying safe - whether it be from cat poo, stormy weather, power outages, or house guests...

Heaven is ... sitting in the garden with a G&T and a cat while watching the sun go down
    Image result for rainy evening clipart free
    Evening T'Bird, you popped in and I am about to pop out. Night night to you all. See you in the morning. Sweet dreams.

• Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Night night everyone.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,659
    Just popping in and you've all gone to bed.
    Had a lovely day with little grandson and dil. Although he slept most of the time 😕 but lots of cuddles anyway 😉 
    LB, I've tried to think of something to call him other than popper 3......but can't think of anything yet.

PF, hope you've had a relaxing evening after last night's goings on. Hopefully you'll get a better nights sleep.
    It's been absolutely pouring down since about 7 o'clock and the wind is howling. The shrubs and tree in the garden are really twirling about 😨😨
    Chive, hope you've had a lovely day, happy anniversary to you and Mr Chive. 🥂🍾🥂🍾🥂 
    Night night everyone, sweet dreams and stay safe x
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,659
    Very best wishes Chive on your anniversary xx