Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 25,677
    Well I've finally made a decision about Canasta today and I've texted the lady I take to tell her I'm not going. Had a phone call from another friend who told me he and his friend aren't going either. Not worth the risk. NOW I might be able to get the paper shredding done and more Hospice stuff sorted out.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 612
    Good morning everyone.
    If we could trade with weather it would be perfect. I need your rain and you my sun. Yesterday was so hot without a single cloud and I was whole day outside. I'll rest three days.
    It is carnival in the town and everything is crowded with people and cars. I don't like this period and I stay at home. 

LB love this cartoons. 

Chive my legs hurt but I'm used to aches and I expect them when I work around veggies. But I like it and my effort is always paid off.

I was pulling weed most of the day yesterday but also have some veggies for lunch today. Pulled out some young carrots just to check out how they grow. They are late, autumn carrots.

• Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 612
    edited 9 August
    LB it's better stay on safe. I saw PF post and you'll some stormy weather.
  • Red mapleRed maple Posts: 163
    Morning all,
    It’s still raining in my neck of the woods, but not as hard and the sky looks brighter in the distance. Such a contrast to yesterday. I’m glad that I got into the garden then to do some weeding, dead heading and planting. The grass is needing another haircut, but it will have to wait now until the rain has passed us by. We only cut it on Saturday and already it’s looking as if it was never done!
    Those veggies look tasty, Ante30. 
    Hope the weather doesn’t curtail too many plans today. :)
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,297
    Morning all. 
    Rain is off the moment and, so far, it's just breezy.  There have been flash flooding problems up here this week affecting roads and railways with the line to Oban closed for a week where part of it was washed away.

LB, a wise decision not to travel today.
    SGL, enjoy your time with the new baby and DIL.
    Pansy, glad you and your visitors got out in the sunshine yesterday.  It sounds as though they will be nursing sore heads today.

SW Scotland
    Dobro jutro Ante and RM. Those vegetables look delicious Ante. I think it is probably wise to avoid all the people especially as it is so hot Ante. Have some quality time at home.
    RM, by the time the rain has gone your grass could very well be twice as tall
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 15,264
    Hello all,

Well, I got 1 hour and forty minutes of sleep last night. The drunkards were all getting up and switching on lights and opening and closing bathroom doors and flushing loos and coughing and bumping to each other on the landing all night long. Between this they slept like logs. I know because I lay awake listening to them all.

So this morning, they all came downstairs bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for breakfast. Whereas I looked like I had been dug up. 

The rain and gales have gone (for now?) and so I have packed them all off to go for a long and tiring walk. It’s very warm and humid. They should come back exhausted. 

Meanwhile, I am slowly slowly preparing the evening meal.

After that, I hope to get five minutes lie down.

Tomorrow they go. They say.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    As soon as I had contacted all who needed to know I wasn't going to Canasta, the sun came out and the rain stopped - grrrrr! However I am going to carry on shredding and decluttering. PF countdown to zero!
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,391
    Pansy you'll get some quiet time while they are on their post hangover walk,T hope it's long enough  Is little cat hiding or enjoying having visitors?  They like us don't always like the disruption but it's good to catch up.   LB never mind about the weather change.  It's a shame you can't go but probably a good choice to be safe.  The sun is out after rain this morning.  After rap this morning dare i say it's gone quiet. 
  • 1Runnybeak11Runnybeak1 Posts: 8,441
    Afters everyone. 👋👋

Like most people we had torrential rain last night and this morning.  It started a 11.45 on our way to bed.    It’s bright n sunny this morning with a lovely breeze.  You can’t believe it can you.   
    I haven’t heard anything about Whaley Bridge on the news.   Let’s hope all is well. I still wouldn’t like to be there tbh.   
    PANSY.   I’m sending Al up to the Peaks.   Sling your leg over his back and you’ll be down here in no time.  I won’t tell where you are.  You can go straight to bed.  I can do vegetarian too....
    LB. Good decision re Canasta.   These storms just come on suddenly and I know you don’t like driving in the ☔️,  who does.   Happy shredding !  
    MU.  Likewise, I hope you don’t get caught in the rain waiting for a bus.   I’d give it a miss today if I were you. 
    SGL.  Love the smell of a new baby.   Hope all is well with Mother and baby now.  Enjoy your day.   Sorry I woke you last night. ☺️
    ANTE.   Lovely looking vegetables there.   What do you do,with those Marrows ?  
    Here is my first proper pick of Runner beans and more Charlottes.  Runnys Runners. 

👋👋👋Joyce, RM, Chive, Kitty, Rubee, Rebecca, Lants and uncle,Tom cobbley.