Forum home The potting shed

Resurrected eighty two

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 27,244
    Dobro jutro Ante and RM. Those vegetables look delicious Ante. I think it is probably wise to avoid all the people especially as it is so hot Ante. Have some quality time at home.
    RM, by the time the rain has gone your grass could very well be twice as tall
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,220
    Hello all,

Well, I got 1 hour and forty minutes of sleep last night. The drunkards were all getting up and switching on lights and opening and closing bathroom doors and flushing loos and coughing and bumping to each other on the landing all night long. Between this they slept like logs. I know because I lay awake listening to them all.

So this morning, they all came downstairs bright eyed and bushy tailed, ready for breakfast. Whereas I looked like I had been dug up. 

The rain and gales have gone (for now?) and so I have packed them all off to go for a long and tiring walk. It’s very warm and humid. They should come back exhausted. 

Meanwhile, I am slowly slowly preparing the evening meal.

After that, I hope to get five minutes lie down.

Tomorrow they go. They say.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
    As soon as I had contacted all who needed to know I wasn't going to Canasta, the sun came out and the rain stopped - grrrrr! However I am going to carry on shredding and decluttering. PF countdown to zero!
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Pansy you'll get some quiet time while they are on their post hangover walk,T hope it's long enough  Is little cat hiding or enjoying having visitors?  They like us don't always like the disruption but it's good to catch up.   LB never mind about the weather change.  It's a shame you can't go but probably a good choice to be safe.  The sun is out after rain this morning.  After rap this morning dare i say it's gone quiet. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,335
    Just got back from an appointment . It was driving with rain when we set off .When we came away it was boiling hot sunshine and we walked home .
    More yummy vegetables there Runners. I remember the name Runners but am ashamed to admit I do not remember anything that he did.
    It is lashing down again now so my decision wasn't all bad
  • Ante30Ante30 Senj, CroatiaPosts: 888
    Afternoon to all.
    It's boiling hot here and the peak of heat wave will be at monday. Not pleasant at all. I was reading most of the day and now is little eye resting time.

Runny, nice looking veggies. I must try Runner beans next year. Usually make risotto with marrow, or bake it in oven with spuds and carrots. Sometimes just grill it and covered with olive oil and garlic.

Lants I love root vegetables. Never have patient to wait and always check it.
    Shredding completed and even taken down to the compost heap. Garden is squelchy like a bog. Wind had blown over some pots so I did do bit of tidying up. More yellow alerts for tomorrow with thunder and lightning threatened again. I need to sm shop soon as I'm nearly out of milk and that will NEVER do.
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Such a downpour this afternoon with some thunder, haven't seen the lightning yet.  Runny I love runner beans.  Ante i'm partial to root vegetables too.  It must be very satisfying growing your own.    Lantana I don't buy red meat either.   Hazel it's good to get those fiddly jobs out of the way.  Removing my personal details from docs for the bin this afternoon it can be quite time consuming.  Pottered round and had a lay down and had some chamomile tea. Aaaaaaaah.
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,335
    LB , I have done some gardening and I can’t believe it , even though it’s hammered down all last night an a lot of today ,  twelve inches down the  soil is dry and loose .