Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

Resurrected eighty two

• Ante1Ante1 Posts: 3,084
    Good morning everyone.
    If we could trade with weather it would be perfect. I need your rain and you my sun. Yesterday was so hot without a single cloud and I was whole day outside. I'll rest three days.
    It is carnival in the town and everything is crowded with people and cars. I don't like this period and I stay at home. 

LB love this cartoons. 

Chive my legs hurt but I'm used to aches and I expect them when I work around veggies. But I like it and my effort is always paid off.

I was pulling weed most of the day yesterday but also have some veggies for lunch today. Pulled out some young carrots just to check out how they grow. They are late, autumn carrots.

Croatia
    edited August 2019
    LB it's better stay on safe. I saw PF post and you'll some stormy weather.
    Croatia
  • Red mapleRed maple Posts: 1,138
    Morning all,
    It’s still raining in my neck of the woods, but not as hard and the sky looks brighter in the distance. Such a contrast to yesterday. I’m glad that I got into the garden then to do some weeding, dead heading and planting. The grass is needing another haircut, but it will have to wait now until the rain has passed us by. We only cut it on Saturday and already it’s looking as if it was never done!
    Those veggies look tasty, Ante30. 
    Hope the weather doesn’t curtail too many plans today. :)
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all. 
    Rain is off the moment and, so far, it's just breezy.  There have been flash flooding problems up here this week affecting roads and railways with the line to Oban closed for a week where part of it was washed away.

LB, a wise decision not to travel today.
    SGL, enjoy your time with the new baby and DIL.
    Pansy, glad you and your visitors got out in the sunshine yesterday.  It sounds as though they will be nursing sore heads today.

SW Scotland
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,883
    Dobro jutro Ante and RM. Those vegetables look delicious Ante. I think it is probably wise to avoid all the people especially as it is so hot Ante. Have some quality time at home.
    RM, by the time the rain has gone your grass could very well be twice as tall
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    As soon as I had contacted all who needed to know I wasn't going to Canasta, the sun came out and the rain stopped - grrrrr! However I am going to carry on shredding and decluttering. PF countdown to zero!
  • Rebecca110Rebecca110 Posts: 1,485
    Pansy you'll get some quiet time while they are on their post hangover walk,T hope it's long enough  Is little cat hiding or enjoying having visitors?  They like us don't always like the disruption but it's good to catch up.   LB never mind about the weather change.  It's a shame you can't go but probably a good choice to be safe.  The sun is out after rain this morning.  After rap this morning dare i say it's gone quiet. 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 8,930
    Just got back from an appointment . It was driving with rain when we set off .When we came away it was boiling hot sunshine and we walked home .
    More yummy vegetables there Runners. I remember the name Runners but am ashamed to admit I do not remember anything that he did.
    It is lashing down again now so my decision wasn't all bad
    Afternoon to all.
    It's boiling hot here and the peak of heat wave will be at monday. Not pleasant at all. I was reading most of the day and now is little eye resting time.

Runny, nice looking veggies. I must try Runner beans next year. Usually make risotto with marrow, or bake it in oven with spuds and carrots. Sometimes just grill it and covered with olive oil and garlic.

Lants I love root vegetables. Never have patient to wait and always check it.
    Croatia