Roses for bees

Hi all,
I'd like to purchase some more rose bushes but have told myself I can't have any more unless the pollinators also find them useful. I really like the slightly more 'full' look on a rose although i can cope without that . I'm in love with the Ebb tide rose but doubt that's any use to bees. 
Can anyone share some recommendations of deep pink or purplish roses that are good for bees and also have a good scent ? 
I've got my eye on wild rover but would like a few more options as I have 5 empty spots .
Thanks in advance

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 679
    David Austin’s website usually says if a rose is good for pollinators. But generally the less petals the better. Kew Gardens, Tottering by Gently, there are some beautiful roses that will meet your requirements. Have fun choosing.
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• Mr. Vine EyeMr. Vine Eye Posts: 391
    Royal Jubilee is a deep pink, which opens up but still looks full from the outside as its open chalice shaped
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,267
    Night Owl is a deep burgundy/purple that happened to spring to mind because it’s on my buy list! There is a persica rose called Eye of the Storm which is a deep pink. Basically any rose with single flowers, or those that start off full then open to reveal their stamens.

If you like the fuller blooms, I wouldn’t get too hung up on roses for bees, just use companion planting around them that is bee friendly - both you and the bees are happy then  :)
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,372
    edited 7 August
    Singles; ramblers generally.
  • FireFire LondonPosts: 5,372
    I'm plotting Moonlight at some point. A shrub rose that thinks it's a rambler.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,857
    I agree with Nollie, pick the roses you love and plant lavender nearby for happy 🐝 bees! 
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 342
    Ebb Tide opens enough for them to get in (showing the yellow centre). But I have mine next to lavender and bees obviously prefer the lavender. They also ignore my single roses because there are other plants they like more.
  • yorkshireroseyorkshirerose North YorkshirePosts: 310
    Celebration Time  and Mermaid attract bees and hoverflies in my garden, Mermaid needs plenty of room though and it's thorns are vicious.
    A gardener's work is never at an end  - (John Evelyn 1620-1706)
  • Pete.8Pete.8 Billericay, EssexPosts: 4,667
    I have a Moonlight rose and it's always got bees on it.
    It flowers profusely in spring then there are fewer flowers for a few weeks then it has another flourish for several weeks in the summer. It was still in flower in December last year. I've let mine do its own thing for the 20ish years it's been here and never properly pruned it.
    The young foliage in the spring is a deep burgandy colour and shows off the flowers really well.
    I posted a pic earlier this year 
    https://forum.gardenersworld.com/discussion/comment/2068966#Comment_2068966
    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030279/uploads/editor/bb/ojazxwweq34c.jpg
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.