My ponds today.

madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,570
My raised fish pond was completely cleaned out in the spring (as I do every year).
Plants repotted etc.Takes a few weeks to stabilise but today it looks lovely.I am growing Veronica beccabunga (Brooklime) this year and I love the way it is spreading over the pond surface from a relatively small pot.The fish love it.I bought a 2"Golden Tench this year which has grown into a large 6" Golden Orfe!!
The water is really clear,no blanket weed (thanks to Cloverleaf Blanket Answer).
The last photo is the wildlife pond (actually 2 tubs together).

“Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings

• BobFlannigonBobFlannigon Posts: 614
    That's a fine pond!
  • what is veronica beccabunge or brooklime
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,570
    what is veronica beccabunge or brooklime
    It is a British native plant that grows at pond margins etc.Has little blue flowers.
    I have never grown it before and like it because it spreads out over the pond surface but you can cut it back if it spreads too much.

• Its lovely, do frogs and wildlife in general come to raised ponds like that? If so I might sort one for my garden .
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,330
    Looking great @madpenguin :)
    They do @TinyGardenGIrl. You can always add a little ramp of logs/rocks/branches etc, just to make sure there's easy access  :)
    A pile of rocks/logs just inside the pond also makes a shallower area for birds to bathe, and insetcs to drink.
    Although my pond has a beached access for wildlife, I love watching wasps drink from tiny little gaps among stones. They're very regular visitors. Any little pockets of water can be utilised by birds and insects  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 1,570
    Its lovely, do frogs and wildlife in general come to raised ponds like that? If so I might sort one for my garden .
    I have not had any frogs or toads yet in the raised pond but I have grown ivy up the back so hopefully they will use this as a ladder.My Mum has a water butt with ivy growing up it and there are regularly frogs in the top.