Forum home Problem solving

Pineapple Broom

Hello i have a Pineapple Broom in my garden, quite a few of the leaves are deseased or yellow. There are some really healthy leaves on there to. I was wondering if anyone has any tips to save it as i really don't want to give up on it. Many thanks 😊

• Heres a picture if this helps 😊
  • BorderlineBorderline Posts: 4,687
    The shrub looks very young, so may be just settling in. Poor preparation with the soil can lead to roots failing to reach out and establishing. Watering around the base in the warmer months will also help the shrub settle and establish. Avoid watering when the sun is out, aim the water into the base of the plant, watering generously in the evenings.

How much sun is it getting in that spot? They need free draining soil and a bit more room. The soil may also need some extra mulching over to keep roots cool.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,240
    edited August 2019
    Further to Borderlines’s comments which I agree with,  I think that it’s planted too close to the wall which will be adding to the drought problem because of a rain shadow effect. 

It should be planted like a wall-trained climbing rose ... 18” from the foot of the wall,  and then trained back to the vine eyes and supporting wires. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh