Forum home Problem solving

Bee or Wasp?

Apologies if this isn't the correct place to post this - we've had an influx of the below flyers over the last couple of weeks into our flat, and have just id'd where they're coming from on an outside wall.  They're about a centimeter long, and aren't really very aggresive at all, so we're trying to identify them to see whether we need to get a beekeeper in to relocate them, or just wait for winter if they're wasps. Would anybody be able to assist? Many thanks!

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,269
    edited August 2019
    Hi 😊
    That looks like a wasp to me.  As you say, when the cold weather comes they’ll be gone. 
    😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hi 😊
    That looks like a wasp to me.  As you say, when the cold weather comes they’ll be gone. 
    😊 
    Ah, excellent, thanks very much dove!  I once shared an interesting beach bbq with about ten thousand of them in corfu during grape harvesting season, and without a sting in sight, so i've been pretty immune to wasp fear ever since. Will just let them do their thing 😊

edited August 2019
    😊 👍 

Wasps don’t worry me either ... on the other hand I’m awake in the middle of the night itching and scratching my mozzie bites 😖
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• 😊 👍 

Wasps don’t worry me either ... on the other hand I’m awake in the middle of the night itching and scratching my mozzie bites 😖
    Oof, my sympathies. I'm a mozzie attractor as well - try to console myself with the thought that i must be healthy if they're that keen on taking a sample! 😂
    I ended up taking some Piriton and did get back to sleep... I react badly to mozzie bites and I’d not been bitten for ages until I sat out the other evening by our little wildlife pond and watched the hedgehogs trundling about in the undergrowth ... and the mozzies decided to make up for lost time. That was nearly a week ago and they’re still swollen and itchy grrrr!!!