Forum home Garden design

New Garden Pond (from start to finish)

• Mary370Mary370 Limerick, Ireland Posts: 1,825
    It is fabulous, well done
  • Your waterfall looks great. We are in the process of creating one ourselves. Want kind of pump did you get and is it plugged into the mains electric? I'm not sure if we'd need to get an outside plug fitted? 
  • johntrellyjohntrelly Posts: 18
    Your waterfall looks great. We are in the process of creating one ourselves. Want kind of pump did you get and is it plugged into the mains electric? I'm not sure if we'd need to get an outside plug fitted? 
    Hi, I got a pump called Swell UK Pond Filter Pump (1,400) - just about right for my size of pond and gives a nice steady trickle of water. The pond is next to our garage which has electric so I ran the wire under the path and drilled a hole through the wall and it is just plugged into the socket in the garage. Outdoor plugs are also good, we have a couple at different points fitted by an electrician. Good luck with your pond :)
  • tommo9320tommo9320 Posts: 17
    edited 10 June
    Has to be the best looking wildlife pond I have seen yet! ... Must be so nice, a year on and being able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour!... Well done! 
    tommo9320 said:
    Has to be the best looking wildlife pond I have seen yet! ... Must be so nice, a year on and being able to sit back and enjoy the fruits of your labour!... Well done! 
    @tommo9320! Yes I could spend hours just watching it! :smile:
  • MarkE1984MarkE1984 Posts: 35
    Awesome pond. We have just started making one, back breaking work. Hopefully it will look as good at this one.
    Thank you @MarkE1984 - Good luck with your new pond - it will be worth it!
  • JoolzJoolz Posts: 24
    Your pond is sensational @johntrelly, really wonderful.
    I'm about to put in a much smaller pond using a pre-built liner and hope to encourage wildlife too. If it all goes to plan I hope to create a larger area in time.
    Your pond is truly inspiring.  
  • WestCoastWestCoast Posts: 17
    That's a great looking pond, I really enjoyed the photos of the different stages. 

Thanks and well done.
    @Joolz Thank you very much! Good luck with your new pond :)