Forum home Garden design

New Garden Pond (from start to finish)

• I find my small pond, 6ft diameter x 4ft deep, is a dreadful time waster. I pull up a chair to the edge, feed the fish, and sit with a cup of tea or coffee and just watch and wait. An hour or two fly by but how fascinating to watch wildlife visiting and going about their daily activities.
    What of life if we have no time to stand {sit} and stare.
  • @Joyce Goldenly absolutely Joyce! I find myself doing exactly that often! I am fascinated just staring off into the water at what swims and lives beneath!  :)
  • gr.letley said:
    I envy you. We tried a wildlife pond with a liner and it looked lovely. Within three months the water level kept going down, a worry because we had frogs and Newts in residents. What we didn't account for, was some wood mice that also became residential with our log store and decided to chew a hole in the pond liner, so out came the liner and we had to put a preformed pond in, to accomodate mice as well as frogs and newts :
    You've created a wonderful wildlife pond, a real pleasure to look at and I'm sure a real pleasure to sit by. 
    @gr.letley That must have been heart breaking having to take it all up! Not seen any mice but then we do have cats! Yes I love just sitting by it and watching a mini water universe happening right at my feet  :smile:
  • Wow this is a great project!!!!! I love it <3

Be happy
  • @LinaSazhina Thank you!  :)
  • Wonderful pond - i’m In the process of making my own an wondered please where did you get your river bed pebbles from ? as they look great and really bring it to life , many thanks Michael 
  • johntrellyjohntrelly Posts: 18
    Wonderful pond - i’m In the process of making my own an wondered please where did you get your river bed pebbles from ? as they look great and really bring it to life , many thanks Michael 
    Hi Michael, Sorry for only getting back to your question now I have only just seen it. The  river bed pebbles I got from Homebase - only £3 a bag at the time! Good luck with your new pond
  • Hey you have done a really good job on that. It looks amazing. 
  • johntrellyjohntrelly Posts: 18
    Thank you @themanfromvolantis!

Below shows the exact difference of a year ago to now