Forum home Garden design

New Garden Pond (from start to finish)

• @Peggy in Texas thank you very much :)
  • karen paulkaren paul Posts: 230
    Your pond is lovely, a job well done. No doubt you will have birds visiting for a drink and a splash too :) It's surprising how quickly wildlife is attracted to a garden when a new pond is put in.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,213
    edited August 2019
    WOT???? No Hostas? 
    Lovely job . Well done you.
    Did your daughters get involved too? 
    Devon.
  • @karen paulThank you very much yes looking forward to seeing some birds, and hopefully frogs, toads, newts and dragon flys :)
  • @Hostafan1 I would have loved to put Hostas around the pond but the slugs decimate any hosts I have ever had :( They are reduced to just stems within days! Yes my daughters helped, especially placing all the pebbles in around the edges :)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,213
    once you attract hedgehogs and frogs and toads, give the Hostas another go.
    I'm glad the girls joined in . Gives them a sense of "ownership"
    Devon.
  • I envy you. We tried a wildlife pond with a liner and it looked lovely. Within three months the water level kept going down, a worry because we had frogs and Newts in residents. What we didn't account for, was some wood mice that also became residential with our log store and decided to chew a hole in the pond liner, so out came the liner and we had to put a preformed pond in, to accomodate mice as well as frogs and newts :
    You've created a wonderful wildlife pond, a real pleasure to look at and I'm sure a real pleasure to sit by. 
  • Well done that looks very good
  • CeresCeres Posts: 1,823
    That's a beautiful pond. I'm green with envy.
  • You've made a fabulous job of it,a fair amount of back breaking work there I'm sure,but we'll worth all that effort. There's nothing like having a nice pond in the the garden,mines tiny but it still attracts creatures.   Well done for a spectacular feature.
    The whole truth is an instrument that can only be played by an expert.