HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,624
    Our super duper navigation system decided to send me over 30 ( yes thirty ) miles away from the customer's house. 
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,441
    Hostafan1 said:
    Our super duper navigation system decided to send me over 30 ( yes thirty ) miles away from the customer's house. 
    Oooh that will have been fun 🤪

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,720
    @Hostafan1 ......NGS garden was Dipley Mill near Hook.  Jane Austen’s house were advertising for volunteer gardeners ...... I could be tempted 🤔
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,624
    chicky said:
    @Hostafan1 ......NGS garden was Dipley Mill near Hook.  Jane Austen’s house were advertising for volunteer gardeners ...... I could be tempted 🤔
    I don't know Dipley Mill. 
    I used to look after the garden at the house of Jane's Brother, when he was vicar in Chawton . I regularly had to ask folk to leave the garden as they thought it was ok just to wander about " just looking" even though it was a private garden.
     Folk are weird
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,880
    Morning all/afties Pat if you're there. Hope you're not too chilly.
    Glad you're less itchy and scratchy, Dove. 
    No @Hostafan1 - folk are just plain bl**dy rude and thoughtless.  :/

Dry,  for now, here but more rain to come today. We didn't get any more thundery stuff yesterday, but a mile or two down the road did. I did a bit of chopping and hacking, removing some overhanging branches of the conifer at the back of the garden. We catch them a bit when driving into the lane and do our reverse in, so it was time for a little trim. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 58,441
    Just picked a couple of zucchini that are too big to leave on the plants. They’re in the salad drawer of the fridge awaiting our return. Only got the watering to finish now ... but must have a coffee ☕️ before I do that 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,333
    Cool and a bit cloudy here so no too taxing on my pots and recent plantings.   Loads of sparrows and chaffinches playing in the dust bowl that is gradually becoming a rose border.   Ordinary birds but lovely to see and entertaining too.

Possum and Pal wore themself out yesterday and came home exhilarated but exhausted.  Quiet day all round today then.

Maybe a plan for your new free time @Chicky?  With a few exceptions @Fairygirl, I find most conifers look best trimmed back enough to leave a stump to haul out the roots.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,880
    I know what you mean Obelixx, and I would often agree with you, but I inherited this one, and it doesn't pose a problem for me at all. It also provides shelter for all the little birds as the feeders are quite nearby. Even the painted ladies have been sitting on it recently  :)
    Talking of ordinary birds - I smile every day at the sparrows having a bath in all the puddles. Scores of them at a time all diving in and out. Delightful.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Allotment BoyAllotment Boy North London Posts: 2,247
    Hi everyone, August already what happened. @Dovefromabove I know what you mean about abundance of beans & courgettes etc. My usual outlet (SD & GC's) have just jetted off on holiday so I don't know quite what I'm going to do. We were asked yesterday what our next trip was to be, before my OH could get a word in, I said I think we better stay home a week or two & eat some of this produce! Was that really mean of me? 
    AB Still learning

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 19,333
    TBH, we inherited a hedge of them in the Belgian garden.   Pulled up about 5 metres of it to allow us thru and install clematis for more interesting stuff but kept th erest trimmed as a windbreak but it had a hollow centre.  The sparrows used the middle as a conference centre and roosing site between breeding seasons.

Went out to drop Possum and Pal at the beach then headed home the long way round via the SM.  They have lamb shoulder down to 10€ a kilo.  2 in the freezer now.   

@Allotment Boy - we don't go anywhere during the garden harvest season.   Too much to water/tidy/pick and eat.   Possum is already asking when I'm going into passata production mode but there aren't enough toms for that - yet.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw