HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• punkdocpunkdoc Sheffield, Derbyshire border.Posts: 6,986
    Totally brilliant @chicky, that may be the best innings I have ever seen. To think i had the chance to go today, but said no, because I thought England would lose by lunch.
    You wouldn't know a diamond if you held it in your hand
    The things you think are precious, i don't understand
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,761
    Evening. Just back from a friend’s bbq - not sure how some of them will feel after an afternoon of drinking in the hot sun (some of them post night shift too). 
    Need to do some watering now the sun is going. 
    Hope you’ve all had a good day, whether out and about or chilling at home. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,242
    @punkdoc ; - I was just looking at the sports news and everyone was saying it was even better than the 1981 Botham/Willis match. That's going some  :)
    What a shame you didn't go. I still regret not going to see Bowie right back when he was about to be stratospheric. A schoolfriend's brother was in a band and had some free tickets.... :/
    Such is life eh?
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,808
    Hi folks,  Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine this weekend.  I've mowed the lawns and done some weeding.  Gave everything a good soaking this evening. Still overdosing on the antihistamines and itching everywhere.   Plastered myself in insect repellant today.  Had an awful visit with mum this morning, she kept saying she doesn't want to live any longer and hates being in the home.  I always feel really guilty when she feels like this although I know it would be impossible to look after her at home.  Wont see her again before going on hols so that made it worse. 
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,068
    Flippin ‘eck ... I was ignoring the cricket so as not to feel down about it 🙄 🍻 

@Yviestevie ((hugs)) been there ...for a while Pa used to ask my son to finish him off 😢 ... we talked to the staff and they found a way to help him feel more positive ... somehow making the days a bit more interesting ... Ma was so gaga that she thought she was at home with her parents and grandparents  ... don’t know which is worse ... sending you lots of hugs. 

“I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,067
    Chin up @Yviestevie.   I hope your itchies calm down before you go and that mum perks up.

I've been watering too - after dark.  I want to weed the front bed tomorrow and need the soil softened or my wee handfork will just bounce.    

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • robbie2redrobbie2red Brecon Posts: 55
    Hi all! Me and the mrs had a lovely day out at Aberglasney Gardens today, lovely place to visit if you've got a chance (I know many of you probably have been or go regularly), my first time there today though. Thoroughly enjoyed it, beautiful there.

Sorry to hear that your mum is down @Yviestevie it's not nice, I'm sure/hope she feels totally different tomorrow though!  :)
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,068
    Hi @robbie2red 😊 good to see you here 👍  I don’t know Aberglasney although I’ve heard of it of course ... we’re across in East Anglia so it’s a bit of a way from us, although we do have rellies on the Gower who we call to see from time to time.  
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• robbie2redrobbie2red Brecon Posts: 55
    Hi @Dovefromabove yeah I normally just scan the forum but thought I'd try and get involved! Lol.  :p

Yes, well it's not too far from the gower, well worth allowing a few hours for next time you're across visiting! 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,273
    Evening , my usual 12 hour shift stretched to a 13 hour shift.
    Only managed to get to 21C but , under the circumstanced, I wasn't complaining.
    Devon.