HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683

I hope you aren't overdoing it, Obelixx. Blisters are horrid.

Confessions, Dove, did you nick some cuttings? Looking forward to photos.

Spent a lot of the day making food and washing up. Made various salads, marinated pork for the BBQ, made a huge salmon and leek quiche and a sort of cake with cheese, courgettes, onions and bacon. 8 adults, 8 children and 1 baby here for dinner this evening, 6 adults, 6 children for lunch.

Hope to take a break tomorrow as we are going to son 2 after the Baptism.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,075
    Have you set up GW to record tomorrow morning @Busy-Lizzie?   You'll be too busy tomorrow.  Hope you have a lovely day with the family.

I shall be home alone.  OH off to golf and Possum and Pal off to Indian Forest.    I shall no doubt get up to something.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,273
    Morning all. 
    There's no end of cash from Boris's magic money tree is there?
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49220911
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,037
    Hi there Hosta. What’s your weather like today?
    S. E. NSW
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,273
    Hiya Pat. 
    A bit misty right now,perhaps even some drizzle in the air, but should clear later.
    I hope you're both keeping warm .
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,073
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 

Gorgeous sunshine and blue sky here ☀️ 😎  

I’m still suffering from those same mozzie bites and was awake scratching for an hour in the night ... I took some piriton and had a warm drink and after an hour got back to sleep ... but Grrrrrr!!! 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,242
    Morning all/afties Pat  :)
    Glad you had a good day , Dove. Look forward to having a 'swatch at the photies'  ;)
    @Peggy in Texas - there's no problem with posting a wildlife pic on this thread as well, so don't feel as though  you've done anything wrong and need to delete it. Many of us post random photos here, as well as on dedicated threads  :)
    Ouch to those blisters, Obelixx. Never pleasant. The joys of our work worn feet. I did the last two sections of the WHW with a huge one on my heel due to a problem with my boots. I walked across our lounge rug last week, and thought I'd stood on something sharp. Took my sock off, and it was the toenail that had been 'hanging on' for a while. Small but perfectly formed  :D
    Wet here again. We had another thunderstorm yesterday evening, with accompanying hefty rain. The noise was quite spectacular. More forecast for today.
    Hope all goes well today @Busy-Lizzie. Enjoy your day  :)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Good morning.  Lovely day here again - normal for August with max around 30C late afternoon, warm evenings and cool, clear nights.  Gorgeous.   Pity I didn't sleep well again cos of throbbing knee but I can have a snoozle later.

@Dovefromabove - I find itchy bites need topical cream as well as an anti-histamine.

@Hostafan1 - Don't get excited.  The money pit is mythical isn't it?  Just wait for what come after the election he'll need to call.

@Pat E - hope you're not too cold and Mr Pat is sleeping well.

@Fairygirl - this blister seems to have taken out the under side of my second toe.  It's bizarre.  How does that happen?   Hope the thunderstorms prove more entertaining than damaging.

Fingers crossed for Whaley Bridge and everyone in the Goyt valley and all those aready facing flood devastation.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,346
    Morning all.  Blisters and bites .......Grrrrrr 🤬😬

Taking littlest chicklet to Chawton today. One of the modules she has chosen in Sydney is Jane Austen, so decided it was about time we visited the great lady’s house (only 10 minutes down the road).  After that I will drag her to an NGS garden that I visited (in the rain) earlier in the year.  Promised myself a return visit in the sunshine ☀️ 
    We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.
    Love Jane Austen @Chicky.   So much better than the drama queen Brontes.   How was Islington?