HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 5,420
    Thanks folks.  I'm so glad I married my best friend!  :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,000
    Many, many congrats to you @Liriodendron. Hope you've both had a terrific day  :)
    Broad beans as well as runners, Obelixx. Both give me 'the dry boak, as we say here. Like peas and mange tout though. Had a nice little crop of those already - some bags in the freezer too.  
    Sounds like a good day, AuntyR. Did you especially enjoy the last of those three?    ;)
    We got some sun this afternoon, which made my efforts hard work, as the little border I was working on gets sun mid to late afternoon. Making the edging a layer higher, so some sawing, drilling and battening was required, after cutting back some planting etc to get into it. 
    Bit weary now, so I've got my feet up.  
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,648
    Hope you two have had a lovely day @Liriodendron 🥂 

Im tucked up in bed now ... got an exciting day tomorrow 😎 

Sweet Dreams all 🛌 🐑 🐑 🐑 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 18,184
    I quite like broad beans @Fairygirl but they were a pain to grow in Belgium cos of unpredictable harsh winters so I gave up and bought them frozen.   I shall have another go here just for the heck of it - once OH builds the next few raised beds for veggies - but I can buy them peeled here so it may be just th eone attempt.

@AuntyRach that does sound like a good way to start a weekend.   After a fairly busy day I found myself baking a courgette, cheese and walnut loaf for the girls' picnics this weekend and then chopping and grating a huge red salad for them and making baked fennel with sun dried tomatoes (home grown) and goat's cheese gratin for a light supper with salad.  The only gardening was to put the sprinkler on the toms in the PT once I'd picked the courgettes and a cucumber.

I shall play tomorrow tho.  Have just watched Mr Beardshaw reorganising a pieris on Beechgrove and showing the conifers whose crowns were lifted last year and I reckon our one and only pine has a date with destiny and my secateurs in the very near future.

Can't imagine the stresses for the people of Whaley Bridge this weekend, their pets too.  I do hope they can get that damn strengthened and the water pumped out and avoid disaster.  Horrendous. 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    Good morning all  :) ☕️ it’s a beautiful morning ... just perfect for collecting @WonkyWomble and her gardening friend and visiting Beth Chatto’s gardens 😃 

I do hope that everyone affected by the heavy rains are ok and bearing up. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Lizzie27Lizzie27 Bath, SomersetPosts: 3,715

Congrats @Liriodendron, quite an achievement. 

We got my new 'Sentry Shed' erected yesterday - it's bright blue and I love it! Perhaps a strange birthday present though.

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 22,304
    edited 3 August
    Morning all. 
    Congratulations @Liriodendron. Many more to come I hope.
    Take lots of photos @Dovefromabove and @WonkyWomble
    Devon.
    @Lizzie27 sounds like a perfect present to me 🎁 😊 

Good morning @Hostafan1 ☕️ 😊 

• WonkyWombleWonkyWomble Posts: 2,784
    Good morning all, afternoon Pat
    Been bonkers busy as mil fell down stairs last week and cracked 2 ribs and punctured a lung so we have all been on old lady watch! I've made her six fish pies with cod, smoked haddock, salmon and king prawns, so that should keep her going for a while, it's her favorite! We have all been taking it in turns to make sure she's not on her own at all now she's back at home.
    We have also decided to turn her back garden into a family allotment.
    So needless to say, I'm very much looking forward to the Beth Chatto visit today Dove!!!
    A very big congratulations to Lyn and hubby, what a beautiful baby! X
    And also congratulations on 44 years Lirio and hubby! X
    Yes Hosta 😀 there will be pictures! X
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,234
    Congrats Liri. 🎉🎉🎉

We had a cold start today minus 8.7c.  It’s been sunny since. 
    S. E. NSW