HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 25,293
    Morning all/afties Pat. I think there's plenty of folk in Derbyshire who would gladly pipe their water over to you. A dam wall collapsed there and lots of residents were evacuated - just in case  :/
    Dry here, and not looking too bad for today and tomorrow, just some showers. We've had a lot of that thundery, overcast stuff for a long while which is quite unusual. I might even get a hill tomorrow, fingers crossed. It hasn't been favourable over the last week at all.
    Glad hubby has got home ok BL. Always a wee bit worrying till they're 'there'   :)
    No accounting for those phone signals Liri. We had that at my dad's house. Hopeless - but if you went to the end of the road - no problem. He wasn't in the middle of nowhere either. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,297
    morning all. 
    Lovely sunny morning here.
    Devon.
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683

Morning all, sunny here too. Some rain yesterday. I thought the beige lawn was greening up but when I looked more closely it was mostly weeds. At least they are green.

Daughter 1, her OH and 3 sons arrive later today. Daughter 2 and Son 1 arrive tomorrow. Son 2's baby daughter is being baptised on Sunday in the Cathedral.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683

I've just read that Boris Johnson’s working majority in the Commons has been cut to  one after the Lib Dems clinched victory in the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election.
    Dordogne and Norfolk
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 21,297

I've just read that Boris Johnson’s working majority in the Commons has been cut to  one after the Lib Dems clinched victory in the Brecon and Radnorshire by-election.
    he's even more in the pocket of the hate filled bigots  the DUP which doesn't fill anyone with much hope for Stormont getting back into action any time soon.
    Devon.
  • LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,312
    Hello all   :)

Glad OH is back safe, BL.  I like it when my hubby goes away, for the first few days.  But once the house is clean and tidy I start getting bored... unless it's gardening weather, of course...

Not sure exactly where Punkdoc lives.  Our little flood pales into insignificance compared with what's been going on in Derbyshire and North Yorks.

We're about to go out for lunch.  It's our 44th wedding anniversary...   :)
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,117
    Think @punkdoc is on the hills just outside Sheffield ... I was thinking about the stream running through his garden ... it’s flooded a few times hasn’t  it?

Ive just been to the GC ... see Confessions thread :flushed:
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• YviestevieYviestevie Kingswinford, West MidlandsPosts: 4,813
    Hi folks, Congratulations Liri, not many manage 44 these days.  Glad hubby is home safe and sound BL.  Mine is off in a weeks time to Turkey, he's going for 3 weeks and I'm joining him for the last one.  Didn't fancy going for 3 weeks this year.
    I've been busy in the garden today planting, weeding, cutting back and potting up.  Hubby has promised to mow the lawn and clear up the mess I've managed to make so it should look shipshape when he's finished.
    Neighbour gave me a load of runner beans from his garden this afternoon.  Hubby had been to the gym and popped into the shop on his way home.  Guess what he bought to go with our steak tonight. ...   I wouldn't mind but I can't remember the last time he bought any.
    Hi from Kingswinford in the West Midlands
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,110
    Congratulations @Liriodendron.   

Don't like runner beans.  Never have and I suspect it's too dry here to try, what with more and more droughts and heatwaves.   Don't like Brussles sprouts either so our neighbour brings some for OH.

We took Possum and her friend to Les Sables today - market in the old Halles, walk along the front, lunch in a vegetarian friendly restaurant which means Mexican/Californian, more walkies to see the old pedestrian bits and the street with mosaics on walls and round doors and then we abandoned them to the joys of the rest of the frnt and the beach while we pottered of fto the SM and the fabric shop.   Everyone tired now and both girls a bit pink.

They're off to O'Gliss tomorrow - water play park - so I need to make a cheese, courgette and walnut loaf and some serious red cabbage salad for their picnic.  Ditto Sunday when they go to Indian Forest, ad adventure park.   The Parisians and many other French will arrive en masse tomorrow and they're hoping the weekend will be quiter at the big attractions while everyone gets settled.   

Have fun with all the family @Busy-Lizzie.  Hope the Christening goes well.   We had a Laïque  (Humanist) naming ceremony for Possum and it was lovely.  Far better than any I remember growing up in the Methodist church.

Gorgeous weather here.  High 20s, sun, light breeze.  Normal for this time of year.   No more heatwaves please and a proper ration of rain if anyone can organise that.

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 2,763
    Evening everyone. Just had a few hours outside - bit of supper, bit of gardening, bit of gin - the perfect start to the weekend. 
    Hope all are ok. Happy Anniversary @Liriodendron.

My garden and I live in South Wales.