HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683

Morning all.

OH is back today, fetching him from the station this evening. Then family start arriving, baby granddaughter is being baptised on Sunday.

Today I'll be vacuuming and making beds. Not our turn to have them to stay for Christmas so won't be thinking of that for some time.

Reference to @Hostafan 's post. Theresa May had to manage with austerity, NHS, care homes, day centres etc suffered from it. How has Boris enough money to fund a "No Deal Brexit"? Is it at their expense? I prefer not to talk about politics here but that man really bugs me.

Dordogne and Norfolk
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,050
    edited 1 August
    He’ll fund the No Deal; call a general election and win with the return of the ex-Tory Brexiteers to the fold and all those who believe we can have jam today, tomorrow and for ever, then he’ll look at the figures and say “Whoops! There’s been a global downturn ... nothing to do with Brexit of course 🙄 😶  and we’ll have to tighten our belts.”
     Wouldn’t trust that man as far as I can spit, and I’m not a very good spitter 😡 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Todmorden, West YorksPosts: 5,306
    Hi all.  Not raining yet this morning...   :)

Congrats, Lyn!  Lovely baby.  

Hope Hubby's sleep continues to improve, Pat.  Yours too!

You've summed BoJo up good and proper, Dove...   :/

I was planning a trip to the garden centre this morning, to order bark and gravel to top up the paths & make it look ship-shape before we put the house on the market - but instead I'm having to wait in for a phone call from an Irish insurance agent with an unpronounceable name.  (I had to look it up on line, so I could ask for her when I phoned them earlier...)  Can't imagine why the phone lines to Ireland are so clear and loud, when phoning my friend down the valley necessitates frequent repetition so we can understand each other. 
    "The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
    Anyone heard from @punkdoc lately ... hope he’s not too badly affected by the floods 😱
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 17,052
    edited 1 August
    I didn't think Sheffield was flooded this time.  It's all further north or further west this time.   I suspect he's busy with his replacement plants for the new woodland project and, maybe, just a tad depressed about the Boris and the bombing in Syria.

Good committee meeting this pm tho they are an undisciplined lot.  7 of us and 3 conversations at once!   Lots done tho.   Lots of thunder as I got home but all the wet stuff managed to skirt round just to the south of us.   Frustrating.    OH, Possum and her friend managed to get wet in La Rochelle tho.

Good that Mr @Pat E has had a good sleep.    Good luck with the titivating @Liriodendron.  Hope the sale goes thru with no fuss.

I hope OH is home safe and well @Busy-Lizzie.  Have to agree with you and @Dovefromabove about trusting that particular politician.  It's all very well being positive and upbeat and optimistic but not if it's just bombast............
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,683

OH is home, safe but tired, he's gone to bed. Thanks Obelixx. Your committee sounds fun.

We have had rain this evening, this morning too.

Dordogne and Norfolk
    Glad he’s home safe and sound @Busy-Lizzie 😊 

Did anyone else see the marvellous programme on rock pools this evening? We loved it ... cuttlefish that can be trained to take food from your hand!?!?!? 💕 

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,035
    Nice sunny day here and successfully done some grocery shopping.

S. E. NSW
    Good morning all 😊 ☕️ 
    Glad you’ve had a good day @Pat E 😊 
    Hope everyone in areas affected by the rain are ok and that there’s not too much damage ((hugs))

• Pat EPat E Posts: 8,035
    Good morning Dove. We’d love some of Fairy’s rain if she could manage it. 😉
    S. E. NSW