Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,947
    I think there’s still one more to go, I’ve got 5 recorded and the last one is this Sunday.
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

I think there’s still one more to go, I’ve got 5 recorded and the last one is this Sunday.
    the series has done a lot for the tourist trade in Cornwall, people want to see the stately homes, tin mines , tall ships where the series was filmed. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,286
    The whole series of Killing Eve was on iPlayer after episode 1 and Keeping Faith is on there even though it's still running on BBC1
    Devon.
    I’m recording the 2nd series of Keeping Faith as well. May as well wait for them on tv saves wearing out my iPad battery transferring them to tv. 

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,286
    Lyn said:
    I’m recording the 2nd series of Keeping Faith as well. May as well wait for them on tv saves wearing out my iPad battery transferring them to tv. 
    haven't you got iPlayer on the TV?
    Devon.
  • AuntyRachAuntyRach Posts: 3,501
    Evening all.
    iPlayer is 90% of all I watch really. Came home from work today and watched WDYTYA and the prog about the conjoined twins. 
    I hope you are all ok. 

My garden and I live in South Wales. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,042
    I don't really use the iPlayer much as we have SKY, but I do sometimes use it for radio programmes if I've forgotten to record them. I rather like waiting till the next week for an episode of a serial too, rather than binge watching. Maybe i'm just weird  :)
    Not much achieved outdoors today as the rain was on from early afternoon. Still on now. Did your rain provide much relief for the ground @Obelixx ?
    Managed a walk this morning without getting more than a spot or two. Big heron flew overhead which was nice, but the oyster catcher swanning around [or should that be oystering?] on a stretch of grass was a bit unusual. I know it's been wet , but.... :D

It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 20,465
    We had a magnificent 6.6mm in the end @Fairygirl.   Better than none at all tho.  I've had to trim the wisteria on the annex so we can get in and out without being mugged by wet stems and flowers.   Haven't seen any oster catchers round here which is odd as we do have coastal marshlands and even oyster beds.  Had a cattle egret inspecting the pond a few days ago but not as glam.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 31,042
    Hopefully you'll get a bit more soon @Obelixx. Still raining here, and more thundery stuff forecast for tomorrrow. Everything is quite soggy here. 
    I bet @Liriodendron is glad she's not been en route to her cottage in the last couple of days. Rail lines are knackered between Crianlarich and Tyndrum due to flooding/landslides. Makes  a change from having them at the Rest and be Thankful. Lots of flooding further west [Ayrshire] and in many other areas too.
    Kids go back to school soon - it'll clear up then  :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 8,981
    Just caught up on the Jack Whitehall WDYTYA ...... a corker indeed.  I also wondered what became of John Frost.  Turns out wikipedia is a wonderful thing 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Frost_(Chartist)

We did not inherit the earth from our grandparents.  We’re borrowing it from our children.