Forum home The potting shed

HELLO FORKERS 😎 August 2019

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 25,303
    Good morning @Hostafan1 😊 it’s nog a programme we usually watch but saw it last night here at MIL’s ... yes... revelatory for them wasn’t it?!
    I loved the banter / tension/ humour between Jack and his Father as the story unfolded.
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 61,447
    OH is outside already painting the timber walls of MILs garden room ... rain is forecast for later ...
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

I've just had a messge from No1 daughter. She knew one of the historians on WDYTYA last night. She did some research with her when in Uni. Small world.
    Devon.
  • Pat EPat E Posts: 8,820
    Don’t tease me Hosta. Who was the WDYTYA?  We watched an Australian one last night - Natalie Imbruglia.  
    S. E. NSW
    Jack Whitehall, ( comedian / actor ) and his Father . 
    Devon.
    I had a laugh at one part. She said was teased at school with her name indicating she was a “new Australian” with questions like where do you come from, or why don’t you go back to where you come from. One of the things she discovered was that one of her ancestors was on “The First Fleet” in 1788 as a convict.  
    S. E. NSW
    Pat E said:
    I had a laugh at one part. She said was teased at school with her name indicating she was a “new Australian” with questions like where do you come from, or why don’t you go back to where you come from. One of the things she discovered was that one of her ancestors was on “The First Fleet” in 1788 as a convict.  
    I believe that has a great cachet ? or am I mistaken?
    Devon.
    very, Hosta.   The only ones earlier were the Aborigines!  😂😂😂😂😂

S. E. NSW
    Pat E said:
    very, Hosta.   The only ones earlier were the Aborigines!  😂😂😂😂😂

I find it very sad that in a county like Australia, that " go back to where you come from" mentality is evident.
    I'm sure the Aborigines have been saying it for centuries.
    Devon.
    It’s probably better not to get into that discussion. It only makes me mad. 😡
    S. E. NSW