Bare Rooted Wallflowers

harmonyharmony Posts: 183
Hi, has anyone ordered from D.T. BROWN SEEDS online. I'm thinking of buying some bare rooted wallflowers from them (dispatched in October) Going back years ago i used to be able to buy them at my local market, a guy used to have buckets of them tied together in bunches for a couple of quid and they were lovely and used to last a few years. I want the old fashioned wallflowers back in my garden..

• harmonyharmony Posts: 183
    Bump
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,685
    I’ve not bought from them but thanks for bringing them to our attention ... I may well order some as they have a wider selection than our local market usually has and are cheaper than Sarah Raven.

They’re also just about close enough for me to have a day out and go and complain in person 😉 should they screw up ... which I have no reason to think will happen as I’ve not bought from them before. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 837
    I bought them this/last season and they were fine. No complaints at all. The numbers of plants in a bunch exceeded the numbers stated and I ended up buying far more than I needed but they were so cheap it didn’t matter. I recommend buying them.

The season before I bought the Sarah Raven seedlings. Obviously these needed more attention but the merit was a better range of more interesting colours.
  • K67K67 Leicestershire Posts: 536
    Certainly looks a good buy and postage very reasonable.
    I think you have just increased their sales  @harmony  - you don't work for them by any chance? 🙄
  • harmonyharmony Posts: 183
    Haha no I don't, but I better get my pre order in quick before they are out of stock...