Forum home Fruit & veg

Today's harvest

• Digging-itDigging-it Posts: 65
    Had a rhubarb crumble a week ago and picking cos lettuce from the greenhouse which I overwintered they look a bit scrawny but the remaining leaves are tasty and I’ll clear them out soon ready for toms.
  • BobTheGardenerBobTheGardener Leicestershire, UKPosts: 9,360
    edited 6 April
    Still have some leeks in the ground, 2 crown prince squashes and about 2 dozen onions, some white, some red in storage from last year.  I've been adding various brassica seedlings to sandwiches over the last few days as I thin them - some are very tasty! :)
    A trowel in the hand is worth a thousand lost under a bush.
  • GemmaJFGemmaJF Posts: 2,283
    Zoomer44 said:
    I remember dipping rubarb in sugar too. We live in strange circumstances Gemma, the family may take a different view of rubarb now:)  
    They may indeed! I'm not sure they ever even tried my killer crumble, just noses turned up because it was rhubarb.

Dove those look stonking, making my mouth water  :)
  • bookmonsterbookmonster Posts: 396
    We've been having a few overwintered chard leaves
  • SkylarksSkylarks East MidlandsPosts: 224
    Noticed lots of slugs dining on my mooli leaves last night so harvested them just now. Some are still small but I’m very pleased with them and only one has slug damage. I grew them in the ground last year and they were a disaster. Grew them in containers this year. 

Now to decide on mooli fritters or mooli kimchi. 

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 2,848
    Just picked the last of my strawberries. Quite pleased as all from runners self planted last year. Only have a small number of plants, but have picked 3lb of fruit enough for our cream teas.😁
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose Posts: 201
    I picked the last of our Strawberries yesterday. Sadly not had a good crop this year
    Were they old or new plants @PurpleRose
  • PurpleRosePurpleRose Posts: 201
    @purplerallim they were new plants. Normally I rotate sections of my strawberry patch each year, so one section a year gets replaced with new plants. I got carried away and cleared the whole lot this time. I will know not to do that again.
    Yes it takes a year for them to settle in and produce, doesn't it. My plants were escapees from a planter next to a raised bed with my standard rose in. They seem to like it under the rose, I just put some netting over them to keep the blackbirds off, but quite a few were slug eaten this year.