Today's harvest

• purplerallimpurplerallim LincolnshirePosts: 1,872
    Some things seem to be finishing fast now I'm finding too @bookmonster
  • bookmonsterbookmonster Posts: 337
    @purplerallim something to do with the weather?
  • Green MagpieGreen Magpie Posts: 801
    Oh what pretty veg, bookmonster, it seems a shame to cook them!

My climbing French beans are not only almost finished cropping, they've also been stripped of most of their leaves by the gales. All that's left is the stems and bare leaf-stalks, and the few remaining beans which I'm hoping will still ripen enough to provide next year's seeds. I have saved seeds for years and given them around to friends and family. I think half the gardens in our village now have some descendants of my Cobra seeds. 
    Yes the weather is to blame for most of this years problems with fruit, veg or flowers @bookmonster . We are never happy us gardeners with what we get weather wise. 😁
  • bookmonsterbookmonster Posts: 337
    Too true @purplerallim! I suspect we'll have to get used to even more unpredictable weather. @Green Magpie that sounds amazing! I'm just pleased to have any bean harvest, slugs ate my previous ones! These ones have a built in cooking timer as they go green when cooked
    Todays produce picked this morning.
    There are still three cucumbers ready on the plants, and nearly as many black cherry toms just about ready. Hard to keep up.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,038
    I couldn’t get my usual variety of runner bean seeds so this year I tried the recently developed self fertile ‘firestorm’. I must say I’m very impressed ... we’ve been picking from our one wigwam for a month now ... our small freezer is packed to the gunwales and every other day we’re still harvesting plenty of long straight beans with good flavour. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Womble54Womble54 WimbledonPosts: 280
    Came home after a few days away. The tomatoes are ripening in the warm weather. No idea what to do with them all.

edited 25 August
    Mine made tomato soup/sauce, that's in the freezer with the vegetable soup.  Today was the last of the plums 3 1/2 pounds which are now plum jam. Still like you @Womble54 more to come.🤔
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 533
    I’m trying sun dried 🍅, which I’ll store in olive oil or in the freezer.  So far (day2) so good....