Forum home Problem solving

Adam Frost

Who wants Adam Frost as Montys replacement.
Maybe there should be a couple of contenders who the public could vote on.

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Derbyshire but with a Nottinghamshire postcode. Posts: 16,460
    Is Monty being replaced?

• Joy*Joy* Posts: 571
    I do hope not. I'll miss Nigel ( and Nellie).
  • PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 1,053
    I don't see it as competition. I respect them both. I love your first post and imagine placards etc at the BBC studios...but, it's just a gardening prog. Either or for me.
    SW Scotland
  • Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 1,121
    A strange question to ask as your very first post on this forum.
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,014
    I assume Mr Don is on holiday. If I had to choose, I suppose I'd prefer  Mr Frost but I'm not at all bothered. He, also , has a four-legged garden accessory.
    I found the German industrial garden really interesting, but the irrelevant music was intrusive. I tried no sound and subtitles, but the words were getting in the way, so I gave up.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,545
    B3 - do keep up!   Monty said last week he'd be in the USA filming for his new garden series so GW would be from Adam's garden this week.   Loved it.   I like Adam's garden because it's open and welcoming whilst I find Monty's is closed in, claustrophobic and "keep out".

Loved the piece on the iron works/garden in Duidberg, Ruhr valley.  Inspiritanional space and vision.

Loved Kiftsgate too.   Not at all convinced by the wench and her allotment but she's young yet and it's a new allotment so judgement withheld for now.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • AnniDAnniD South West UKPosts: 10,992
    edited July 2019
    I thought Kifsgate was absolutely beautiful, and it was nice to see Rachel de Thame again.
    The bit about the Industrial garden was interesting but l thought it went on a little too long.
    Not only does Mr Frost have a four legged companion, but he also caters for cat lovers as well :) .
    The clematis were lovely, although l would have liked to have seen Nick actually cut back the clematis and tie in the new growth, rather than just wave a pair of secateurs in it's general direction. 
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,545
    Must admit I wouldn't wait till the end of July to tidy up a group 2 that did its stuff in May-June!  That's a month of wasted energy gone to the seed heads instead of more flowers later on.   Much simpler to treat them as group 3s anyway
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • JennyJJennyJ DoncasterPosts: 7,658
    AnniD said:
    I thought Kifsgate was absolutely beautiful, and it was nice to see Rachel de Thame again.
    The bit about the Industrial garden was interesting but l thought it went on a little too long.
    Not only does Mr Frost have a four legged companion, but he also caters for cat lovers as well :) .
    The clematis were lovely, although l would have liked to have seen Nick actually cut back the clematis and tie in the new growth, rather than just wave a pair of secateurs in it's general direction.

The new kittens are so cute! Although, it looks as if one of them was bribed with food to stay still long enough to film it!
  • WonkyWombleWonkyWomble SuffolkPosts: 4,301
    Wench???!!!