Forum home Plants

Bargain basement plants

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Nollie said:
    J.Parkers.co.uk has a bulb sale on, plus an extra 10% of with code GWD19. Just placed a late order.
    I think divorce proceedings would ensue if I bought yet more bulbs
    What did you say that code was????  :D
    Devon.
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,686
    I normally do my sneaky orders when OH is in the UK @Hostafan1 and hope they pass under the radar, but this time had to send them to the London office for onward transport, so methinks cottoning on will occur  :D

I’ve never bought from Parkers before, assume they are ok...
  • Nollie said:

I’ve never bought from Parkers before, assume they are ok...
    For what it's worth, I've always found them reliable for bulbs but not so sure about their plants.
    Thanks Philippa, bulbs they are. They don’t ship to here, hence the roundabout route.
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,536
    Parker's send me three rotten lily bulbs...but they duly replaced them with no quibbles...a bit annoying their quality control at dispatch is not good enough but customer service is good @Nollie
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
    ?  Right about what @Linekind94?

I will just have to keep my fingers crossed they are ok, @amancalledgeorge, thanks.
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 6,928
    edited December 2019
    Think you'll find it's spam inserted into  Bee's quote @Nollie.
    Ooh, very sneaky! I didn’t spot that, @AnniD - duly flagged.
  • Hexagon said:
    "I love a bargain basement plant!
    Two bargains for me today - £1.35 each. "Geranium white to pink" which I suspect is a pelargonium? There are 3 distinct stems - if I divide this plant into 3 and keep it indoors over winter can I expect 3 healthy new plants to put out in spring? Probably easier to keep it indoors as it is then split in the spring."

It is a Pelargonium. Don't divide it now but in April, you can cut off a decent length of the green stem, put it into sterile compost (or other rooting medium), reduce the leaf surface area, and it should root quite easily providing you dont overwater or feed. 

• sky_61 said:
    Hi all, came across the Bosch new rotary tools GRO 12V-35, anyone using? How's the performance?
    Might be best to post your query on the Tools and Techniques thread unless your Bosch is flowering  :)