Forum home Plants

Bargain basement plants

• Bee witchedBee witched Scottish BordersPosts: 581
    Hi @Fairygirl,

Probably I'll also succumb ...  ...  they know me too well.
    Always room for a few more muscari latifolium.

Bee x

Bees must gather nectar from two million flowers to make one pound of honey   
  • wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 5,359
    Supermarket bargains today. I got this cactus just because I liked the pot and they came together for £5. The cactus alone would be 7 or 8 quid normally, the pot is 20cm tall for reference. I also picked up a perfectly healthy rosemary plant for 30p because it was out of date.

• Wickes reduced price of bulbs, near the tills, from £3 to £1.50. I bought some allium Christophii and Purple sensation. 
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,039
    I managed to resist the P. Nyssen temptation, and B&Q as I found some screws to finish my project, so I've come out quits.

Nice pot @wild edges
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Isn't this the season of giving Hexagon ? - maybe £4 at the car boot sale ? ;)  
  • Supermarket bargains today. I got this cactus just because I liked the pot and they came together for £5. The cactus alone would be 7 or 8 quid normally, the pot is 20cm tall for reference. I also picked up a perfectly healthy rosemary plant for 30p because it was out of date.

I love it, So beautifuuuul and cute
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 33,039
    I'm waiting for an advert or similar @Hexagon ;)
    It has all the hallmarks. 
    I just noticed your query re the lilies - yes, you can pull them apart and re plant separately, but it might be better to leave until early spring. 
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Hexagon said:

I love it, So beautifuuuul and cute
    I disagree, but it would have been rude of me to say how ugly I think it is! Positive comments are welcome and negative ones are not.
    I'm not offended. I picked up a second one even cheaper so I have Mr & Mrs pot now. :) I think most people must agree they're ugly as they don't seem to be selling well. I picked up a limp little half-dead tradescantia while I was browsing the bargain shelf too and nursed it back to life. It's even started to flower now.

Speaking of ugly planters actually, Wilko have a load of tillandsia in at the moment and they're all trapped in bottles and jars or rammed into little baubles. Some of them are really nice plants though so I had to rescue a few. o:) Bargain basement because the extra pups on two of them mean I got buy two get five free. 

• NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,601
    J.Parkers.co.uk has a bulb sale on, plus an extra 10% of with code GWD19. Just placed a late order.