Bargain basement plants

• B3B3 Posts: 10,888
    edited October 2019
    I don't think it washes off but if they survive until the next year, normal green shoots valiantly peep through. At which point, you throw them out because green is boring and buy some blousey bedding plants for a bit of colour.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Hexagon said:
    Deffo not a bargain but I'm sure someone must've understood what I was trying to do ;)
    Tried and tested method on various threads - not always successful :D

A matter of Evolution - takes a bit of time.  My mouth is firmly zipped - hopefully :p  Hope that's the right emoji
    ☺☺☺☺
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 962
    This is going to be gorgeous in spring. Great shape and will fill out its allocated space beautifully over the years to come :)

They also had various fruit trees for £7.50.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 15,013
    I’d love fruit trees, nothing will grow here.   Too acid and too windy.
    That’s a gorgeous Prunus. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• TinyGardenGIrlTinyGardenGIrl Posts: 169
    edited November 2019
    Just been to b&q today. Mine has 15% off all plants and bird feeding stuff . This also applies to plants that have already been reduced before. Not sure if it applies everywhere but it's worth checking . 
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,062
    methinks a trip to B&Q might be required tomorrow
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,037
    I have to go anyway as I need some screws for my latest project. I may have to be very restrained....
    I'm surprised they have bird food reduced. Perhaps the manager doesn't understand how birds work @TinyGardenGIrl... :D
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Fairygirl said:
    I have to go anyway as I need some screws for my latest project. I may have to be very restrained....
    I'm surprised they have bird food reduced. Perhaps the manager doesn't understand how birds work @TinyGardenGIrl... :D
    Maybe they're clearing space for plastic xmas tatt ?
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,037
    Our one has a good area for all the bird food, and the tat is where you go in. 
    I suppose it depends on the store size though.
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

Did they have money off their bulbs? Does anyone know?
    Devon.