Bargain basement plants

• Hexagon said:
    Deffo not a bargain but I'm sure someone must've understood what I was trying to do ;)
    Tried and tested method on various threads - not always successful :D

A matter of Evolution - takes a bit of time.  My mouth is firmly zipped - hopefully :p  Hope that's the right emoji
  • HexagonHexagon Posts: 962
    I really just want pictures of people's bargains and rescue success stories along with the cost. As I'm sure Deltaflyer intended!
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 27,037
    I can't find the zippy moth pic @philippa smith2 . I think it was on the old emojis, so I could always look for them and save them.

I'm too lazy though.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 23,062
    Fairygirl said:
    I can't find the zippy moth pic @philippa smith2 . I think it was on the old emojis, so I could always look for them and save them.

I'm too lazy though.... ;)
    that's another moth I've never heard of.

Devon.
    'lol' @Hostafan1. That'll teach me for not checking..... ;)

I'd quite like a zippy moth though.....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 57,601
    🤐 this one?

OH went to Lidl’s and came back with this 

He says it was a bargain £2:49 ... he did remember to get the soy sauce 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

That's the one @Dovefromabove  :)
    I don't think soy sauce will cover the spikes though. Bit jaggy still...

• Hexagon said:
    I really just want pictures of people's bargains and rescue success stories along with the cost. As I'm sure Deltaflyer intended!
    My best bargain was a Magnolia stellata - some 4 years ago from a local Garden Centre.  It was pretty sad looking but had potential. Can't recall the price but maybe £3 or 4 .  With a bit of careful pruning and re potting, it flowered the following Spring.  More TLC and it was a lovely specimen by the time I gave it to a neighbour last year.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,027
    Hostafan1 said:
    folk order delivery take aways via an app from a fast food place on the same road where they live.
    Some call it progress, I call it lazy gullible consumerism.
    Why are folk so stupid they jump on every band wagon which rolls along?
    I mean if I have to walk ten minutes home in the cold and rain my food isn't exactly going to be enjoyable when I get in is it? And I'd rather not reheat food I've JUST bought cause that overcooks it a lot of the time.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,027
    Iamweedy said:
    I have had some really good ("search and rescue") bargains in our local Strikes GCs
    What I cannot stand is those wretched dyed heathers. they bring out this time of year.  
    An abomination . 
    What do others think? Dyed any  plants come to that. 

I just don't get why?? Doesn't it all wash off?