Forum home Plants

Bargain basement plants

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 34,027
    I can't find the zippy moth pic @philippa smith2 . I think it was on the old emojis, so I could always look for them and save them.

I'm too lazy though.... ;)
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Fairygirl said:
    I can't find the zippy moth pic @philippa smith2 . I think it was on the old emojis, so I could always look for them and save them.

I'm too lazy though.... ;)
    that's another moth I've never heard of.

Devon.
    'lol' @Hostafan1. That'll teach me for not checking..... ;)

I'd quite like a zippy moth though.....

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 63,809
    🤐 this one?

OH went to Lidl’s and came back with this 

He says it was a bargain £2:49 ... he did remember to get the soy sauce 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

That's the one @Dovefromabove :)
    I don't think soy sauce will cover the spikes though. Bit jaggy still...

• Hexagon said:
    I really just want pictures of people's bargains and rescue success stories along with the cost. As I'm sure Deltaflyer intended!
    My best bargain was a Magnolia stellata - some 4 years ago from a local Garden Centre.  It was pretty sad looking but had potential. Can't recall the price but maybe £3 or 4 .  With a bit of careful pruning and re potting, it flowered the following Spring.  More TLC and it was a lovely specimen by the time I gave it to a neighbour last year.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,167
    Hostafan1 said:
    folk order delivery take aways via an app from a fast food place on the same road where they live.
    Some call it progress, I call it lazy gullible consumerism.
    Why are folk so stupid they jump on every band wagon which rolls along?
    I mean if I have to walk ten minutes home in the cold and rain my food isn't exactly going to be enjoyable when I get in is it? And I'd rather not reheat food I've JUST bought cause that overcooks it a lot of the time.
  • CheyngelCheyngel Buxton! Derbyshire, not Norfolk.Posts: 4,167
    Iamweedy said:
    I have had some really good ("search and rescue") bargains in our local Strikes GCs
    What I cannot stand is those wretched dyed heathers. they bring out this time of year.  
    An abomination . 
    What do others think? Dyed any  plants come to that. 

I just don't get why?? Doesn't it all wash off?
  • B3B3 Posts: 14,681
    edited October 2019
    I don't think it washes off but if they survive until the next year, normal green shoots valiantly peep through. At which point, you throw them out because green is boring and buy some blousey bedding plants for a bit of colour.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • BrexiteerBrexiteer Birmingham Posts: 955
    Hexagon said:
    Deffo not a bargain but I'm sure someone must've understood what I was trying to do ;)
    Tried and tested method on various threads - not always successful :D

A matter of Evolution - takes a bit of time.  My mouth is firmly zipped - hopefully :p  Hope that's the right emoji
    ☺☺☺☺