Question to owners of backyard nursery businesses

I'm working on a startup for backyard nursery business owners aimed to help predict the demand and monitor the prices for different types of plants. We are in 'exploring' mode right now and would love to ask growers for their opinion. 

I'm curious about how do you approach the question of demand analysis and pricing right now, and if some kind of digital tool might be helpful? 

Thanks for the feedback!

• philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,634
    If you could perhaps translate your post into something which is easily understandable, you may even get a reply.
    Otherwise it is complete gibberish :)
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,955
    The gentleman is from the Ukraine l believe.  l don't know how many "backyard nursery business owners" we have on here. Not that many .....
  • HelixHelix 704m altitude...Posts: 598
    I would imagine that small nursery growers guard this information very carefully as it is the basis of their profits.  

Pricing is easy as enough comparison sites.  But demand is tricky, you need to know your market very well. 
  • If you could perhaps translate your post into something which is easily understandable, you may even get a reply.
    Otherwise it is complete gibberish :)
    Sorry if the description wasn't straightforward! I meant to reach out to folks, who grow plants for sale as a part-time activity or small family business. And the idea itself is to create an app/website, where they could monitor the prices and demand for a certain type of plants, in a given area, in a given time. So basically something to help them simplify and improve the planning process. Does this make sense? :0
  • AnniD said:
    The gentleman is from the Ukraine l believe.  l don't know how many "backyard nursery business owners" we have on here. Not that many .....
    I'm from Ukraine indeed, hope that's not a problem for anyone! :)

By backyard nursery business owners I meant people who grow plants for sale as a part-time activity or small family business. What would be correct wording?
  • Helix said:
    I would imagine that small nursery growers guard this information very carefully as it is the basis of their profits.  

Pricing is easy as enough comparison sites.  But demand is tricky, you need to know your market very well. 
    Makes sense! As for comparison sites – do you happen to know any examples?
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,955
    Not a problem at all Oleg  :)
    "Backyard" is more of an American term, here we are more like to say "Garden". This is more of a forum for gardeners to get advice, there may be some who run a small business perhaps. I think most raise plants for events such as fetes or for charity fundraising, or for just swopping with other gardeners .
  • AnniD said:
    Not a problem at all Oleg  :)
    "Backyard" is more of an American term, here we are more like to say "Garden". This is more of a forum for gardeners to get advice, there may be some who run a small business perhaps. I think most raise plants for events such as fetes or for charity fundraising, or for just swopping with other gardeners .
    Got it, thanks for the advice! 

Btw, how did you find out I'm from Ukraine? :)
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,634
    I'm from Ukraine indeed, hope that's not a problem for anyone! :)

By backyard nursery business owners I meant people who grow plants for sale as a part-time activity or small family business. What would be correct wording?
    Certainly not a problem - just didn't quite grasp initially what you were really looking for - sorry !
    I spent several years growing plants for sale at local markets and car boot sales but it was really just a hobby as opposed to a business.  
    Even a small family business would be termed as a commercial enterprise in the UK with all the ensuing rules and tax considerations.
    Fashions for certain plants runs in waves - one year it's in, the next year no one wants to know.  Pricing is equally dodgy - looking at your competitors and seeing whether you could produce the same standard for less.
    How you encompass all the considerations into an App, I wouldn't even like to hazard a guess but then I wouldn't know an App if it got up and bit me I'm afraid.
    Wish you the best of luck tho :)