Forum home The potting shed

Moon Landing - real or fake?

B3B3 Posts: 15,054
What do you think?

Moon Landing - real or fake? 40 votes

Real
92%
Bee witchedCebeShrinking VioletDovefromaboveBusy-LizzienutcutletStevedaylillyfidgetbonesFairygirlPerkiSinging Gardenerbarry islandtreehugger80YviestevieLiriodendronmadpenguinMyosotis23LoxleyLucidBrickman0430 37 votes
Possible
2%
Anna33 1 vote
Unlikely
0%
Fake
5%
Sam80Hampshire_Hog 2 votes
In London. Keen but lazy.

• BenCottoBenCotto RutlandPosts: 1,873
    Next there’ll be questions on whether the tooth fairy is real and has dentures!
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,409
     :D  :D
     Do you mean the Tooth Fairy has it's own set of dentures or that it collects from under pillows and delivers to others who may need them ? 
    Responsible Recycling I'd say. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,635
    Real
    So that’s where Ma’s dentures kept disappearing to ... the lovely care staff said she kept wrapping them with tissues and putting them in the rubbish bin ... 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,461
    edited July 2019
    I've always wondered, is there a leg fairy for amputees?

I'm not persuaded one way or the other about the moon landing.  Years ago I watched a TV programme that showed evidence for and against, and interviewed some of the people who were involved, and the evidence seemed, to this gardener of very little brain, equally convincing.  Nobody seems to have thought it worth going back.
  • madpenguinmadpenguin Isle of WightPosts: 2,145
    Real
    josusa47 said:
    Nobody seems to have thought it worth going back.
    They have not gone back because there is no need.A robot can do the same for less money,no life support and if there is a problem you can abandon it.
    Whereas if humans are involved you need all sorts of stuff to just get them there and back.
    Since the Moon landings we have had Space Shuttles and Space Stations.The International Space Station has had 230 individuals occupy it since 2000.
    We are still in Space but we just don't need to go to the Moon!
    “Every day is ordinary, until it isn't.” - Bernard Cornwell-Death of Kings
  • philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,409
    josusa47 said:
    I've always wondered, is there a leg fairy for amputees?

I'm not persuaded one way or the other about the moon landing.  Years ago I watched a TV programme that showed evidence for and against, and interviewed some of the people who were involved, and the evidence seemed, to this gardener of very little brain, equally convincing.  Nobody seems to have thought it worth going back.
    Not too sure about that - for the average sized leg, you would need a fairly large pillow I think.  
    Eyes may be reasonable tho - your average Tooth Fairy could probably pop a couple in it's rucksack along with the dentures.
    Hmm - this could go on forever - I only came in for a quick sit down :D
  • mrtjformanmrtjforman Posts: 331
    I take it this is coming up because after 50 years they are going to send another person up so it is happening again and there have been plenty of recorded unmanned mission since but manned is too costly.

Tough question really. It's hard to imagine they had the technology before I was born. 

People have mentioned the flag flying in a windless atmosphere but it is being held up by a stick and is just wrinkled so that is fine.

Then there are the shadows which don't line up on the pictures. Nobody has a plausible explanation for this but if they used a flash camera that would explain it.

Then there were 3 astronauts that flew up to the moon. Only 2 of them went to walk on the moon. So the third guy got to fly all the way to the moon and then had to watch the other 2 walk on it just to fly home without ever being to walk on it? 

Finally the moon buggy pictured in the pictures next to the moon shuttle is too big to actually fit into the moon shuttle so how did they get it onto the moon if it didn't fit into the moon shuttle the 3 astronauts arrived in?
  • OmoriOmori The NorthPosts: 735
    Real
    The third astronaut, Collins, had to stay behind as it was protocol at the time.  
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 64,635
    Real
    Someone had to stay on board to fly the thing ... that was his job ... I despair of conspiracy theorists ... next they’ll be complaining that it must be fake ‘cos they brought back rock and not cheese 🙄 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hampshire_HogHampshire_Hog Hampshire Coast 100m from the seaPosts: 1,089
    Fake
    You telling me the moons not made of cheese ?  :'(:'(:'(

"You don't stop gardening because you get old, you get old because you stop gardening." - The Hampshire Hog