My new border, before and after.

LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,911
As it was.

March

May

Today July 20th.

The only plant thats been bought is the Rozanne Geranium. And it think it’s got to come out, very untidy.  
Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• bullfinchbullfinch Posts: 134
    That is very very lovely.  :)  :)
  • Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,047
    What an achievement @Lyn and in such a short space of time, well done to you for the planning, graft and foresight to realize that this area would make such an ideal space for wildlife, bees etc. with all the plants and flowers crammed in together. You must be pleased with the results.
    Can I ask what type of hedging you put in at the back of the bed, it appears to have grown very quickly. The birds will be missing the trees for nesting, perhaps the hedge will supply places to make their nest?
  • B3B3 Posts: 9,771
    That's stunning @Lyn and in so short a time!
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 14,924
    A lot of hard graft Lyn but well worth it. 
    SW Scotland
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,446
    A lot of work has gone into that Lyn, and it was well worth it ! Lovely  :)
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,997
    Well done you two, and you were saying you didn't have your heart in the garden this year. It's lovely.
    Devon.
  • dpatel2130dpatel2130 Posts: 90
    @Lyn, Wow! What a transformation! You must have lots of energy, knowledge and expertise. Well done. 
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 2,181
    Fabulous, what an amazing transformation. Be very proud!
  • bullfinchbullfinch Posts: 134
    What is the creamy-yellow flower just behind the cosmos foliage? (second picture from bottom). Is it an eschscholzia? It's a very pretty colour-did you grow it from seed?
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,911
    bullfinch said:
    What is the creamy-yellow flower just behind the cosmos foliage? (second picture from bottom). Is it an eschscholzia? It's a very pretty colour-did you grow it from seed?
    Yes that’s right, I bought a packet of seeds from Wilco, they were supposed to have been all whites, I don’t mind though, they’re very pretty.
    I like these mixed seeds, I sow them in a tray then prick out separately when I know what’s what. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.