Forum home Problem solving

Rain!

Finally we have some and i hope it goes on all day or all weekend even. 

It's been dry here for weeks, my water butt is empty but luckily I still had some in the large under patio water tank, so glad we have that or so many plants would be dead.

So, that's what I'm doing today, enjoying the rain.  :).  And of course there's a heatwave coming next week. 

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 907
    We managed a dribble of rain a couple of nights ago. They are talking about extending the water restrictions to the Paris region so even if we get loads today it will still not be sufficient. So far nothing but sunshine but it is saying a 60% chance of rain for the afternoon... who would have thought I could be so happy 😀 at the prospect of 🌧?

not looking forward to the predicted 40+ degrees next week.
  • cornellycornelly Posts: 968
    Garden has had a good soak and the two water buts one either side of the glasshouse are full, hope they are enough for the container plants during the predicted heat wave next week.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 907
    Oh lucky thing, still nothing here in Paris.
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 28,572
    We have had some wet air and about 10 minutes when it was almost rain.  At least it's been cooler and the wind has dropped but back to scorchio next week.

Drought restrictions already in place here and set to last till 31st of October......... by which time I hope we'll have had some rain as I'll be creating new beds and hiding seep hoses in them so I can get my treasures out of pots and in teh ground to get their roots down over winter. 

meanwhile, everything is in the "party" barn to protect it from the sun and drying winds.   We have 2 more water butts to install which will help too, if they ever get filled.
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw