Forum home The potting shed

RESURRECTED EIGHTY ONE

• pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,833
    I’m taking a leaf out of LB’s book tonight...

Night all.😊
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 28,380
    Good morning everyone.
    On this day in 356 BC Herostratus set fire to the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus. At the time he probably didn't know that it was one of the seven wonders of the world.
    Image result for Temple of Artemis Ephesus images

Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
    If your birthday falls in this month, then your birth flowers are either
    larkspur flowers
    or
    Image result for water lily flower images

Good morning Chive. I suppose that if you want something burning down then a hero could be the answer.
    Today is my rellie visiting day and the sun is actually shining. I much prefer driving when its dry - especially down the M6.

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,536
    Good morning Chive, LB and all to follow. Enjoy your visiting LB and the pottering Chive, that’s my plan for today too. Popping to allotment in a bit to water tomatoes and feed birds. Sunny here hoping for some warm dry weather this week while I am off work 
  • RubeeRubee Posts: 5,698
    A very good morning all . LB safe journey ,Debs enjoy your allotment pottering  and  Chive wherever you are pottering enjoy .I have so many choices today ,most domestic or gardening. Not saying what, the TT terror could be around .Weather forecast ,it’s going to get sooo hot in the next few days .
  • Kitty 2Kitty 2 ManchesterPosts: 5,150
    Good morning LB, Chive, debs and all to come.
    It's nice and sunny for my Sunday morning sitooterie with a brew ☕🌞. A big improvement on Fridays torrential downpour, apparently there was a tornado nearby too, but it missed us. Phew 😰.

Crossed fingers for a week of good weather for you debs, hope it's a relaxing one too 🌻😊.

Watched "Moon landing live" on ch4 last night. Very interesting to see the old news footage and reactions from around the world. I had no idea there was a Russian craft up there at the same time.
  • debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 2,536
    Quick update rang cats protection they say Minnie settling well and they are hopeful of finding her a new home as she is such a pretty cat. I was surprised to hear that the least popular cats are black cats? Both my daughters have one black one tabby, youngest daughters are siblings found living under a bush and oldest daughters are mom and daughter from RSPCA rescued from a back alley found abandoned by the bins. Beautiful cats and friendly now after a shaky start. Wonder why people don’t like black cats? 
  • pansyfacepansyface PEAK DISTRICT DerbyshirePosts: 16,833
    Morning all,
    Good day for driving LB, have a pleasant day.
    Happy pottering to one and all.

I think the black cat thing is a superstitious thing. Some people think that black cats are lucky, but some say the opposite. I suppose it depends on if you are a mouse or not.
    Apophthegm -  a big word for a small thought.
  • Joyce21Joyce21 Posts: 15,489
    Morning all.
    Love the blues of delphiniums but think I'll be a water lily
    Had a black cat many years ago, a stray who kept coming for food so eventually took him in.

Debs, I think you will be lucky with your weather for your week off. Take some time to sit and enjoy all your new planting.

Happy pottering folks.
    SW Scotland