Forum home The potting shed
This Forum will close on Wednesday 27 March, 2024. Please refer to the announcement on the Discussions page for further detail.

RESURRECTED EIGHTY ONE

Image result for The earth from the moon images
Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable

• Ladybird4Ladybird4 Posts: 37,883
  • Ante1Ante1 Posts: 3,084
    Good morning LB.
    Nice appropriate photo. It's happened little bit before my time.

Sunny and already hot here. I'm finished with watering and now making plans for cottage garden. I'll go this afternoon. 
    Croatia
    Morning Ante and PF.
    Ante I hope that all is fine at the cottage.
    PF I do still feel the frisson of the moment but nowadays I would be far happier to see all of the vast amounts of money spent on space exploration, spent closer to home in sorting out all of the mess humans have made of this fragile planet. We are our own weapons of mass destruction - poisoning our own nest - and I dread to think of the future for my great nieces and nephews.
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Posts: 1,032
    Makes sense that the human race would leave behind junk and waste products! Bet they didn’t leave an apology note 📝!
    Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.
    Morning Jacquimcmahon. Humans have so much to answer for to be sure.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654
    Morning everyone.
    Thank you LB, feeling much better, just rather tired.

I will apologise.........and I'll duck too..........it does nothing for me either........and I don't actually believe it happened, all a big hoax in my opinion. Sorry LB 😳
    It's been lashing it down all night and still is.. I can hear the rain trickling down the road and spilling into the drain outside. Sounds like someone's left the tap running.
    Still, good for the garden! 🤗🤗🤗

Hope the heads alright this morning Chive 😉😎

• RubeeRubee Posts: 8,930
    Good morning all . Very serious conversations this morning . I think the moon landing was an amazing achievement.But it’s a pity that the humongous amounts of money spent on the project weren’t spent on our planet .To feed the hungry , to heal the sick and to stop the planet being poisoned by toxic emissions from our heavy industry .And a thousand other things that we humans do in the name of progress/greed .
    Morning SGL and Ruby.
    Hey, SGL you don't have to apologise at all. Its good that we have a diverse mix of opinions. As I said before, the actual landing on the moon was an achievement but nowadays my views are similar to Ruby's. That is probably why I love animals more than some people.
    Now to less serious topics. I was cautiously optimistic this morning as it was dry when I got up. Guess what folks - you got it! Its raining! Hmmmm.
  • star gaze lilystar gaze lily Posts: 17,654
    LB 🤗
    Yes, agree Rubee, would be lovely to help the sick and homeless here. Terrible amount of wasted money.

Still lashing down here 😣