Is there anywhere in Britain that isn't under a flight path?
I remember one forum member saying last year that in their area / garden there was no engine noise at all - the sound was of just birds singing
I am interested in finding a such a spot to visit. Most of the south of England seems ruled out. I would be interested in
- areas that have planes but you can't hear them
- areas that have planes you can't hear them at all at all (dots in the sky)
- you can't see or hear any planes
- you can't see or hear any planes, helicopters, trains or motorbikes
- any website that show the maps of regular international flight paths to spot empty spots. As the flight paths change and the Uk has so many airports I imagine there are not many such spots.
I did walk for some time in northern Spain and for days there was nothing in the sky but the sun, moon, stars and birds* - for days and days. It was amazing and delightful. No plane trails. Some kind of heaven. Where I live now there is a plane going over every 35 seconds. Many thanks for your help and thoughts.
*There were, no doubt, satellites and planets.