Forum home The potting shed

It's often said there's no such thing as a stupid question...

KT53KT53 Posts: 4,511
These wonders would seem to disprove that claim.

I'm a member of a few travel related groups and in the past few days these questions have been asked.

1.  We went to Greece in September last year and it was too hot.  We have booked again for September this year.  Will it be too hot again?

2.  We fly next week from our local airport and the flight this week has had a long delay.  Will it be the same next week?

3.  XYZ tour operator isn't flying to our required destination next year from our local airport.  That's not fair.  What can I do about it?

• philippasmith2philippasmith2 Posts: 9,410
    Surprised anyone asking the above has been let out to explore the world :D
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,461
    In the maternity unit where I worked, a woman who gave birth prematurely asked the midwife:  "Will my baby's birthday be today, or the day it should have been born?"
  • NollieNollie Girona, Catalunya, Northen SpainPosts: 3,829
    Stopped by an American tourist in the centre of Edinburgh and asked ‘What is that big castle-like building up there?’ Er, it’s Edinburgh Castle... ‘oh reeallly?!!, Wow!!’
  • ObelixxObelixx Vendée, Western FrancePosts: 22,280
    Reported in the Daily Telegraph in the late 80s as heard on a tourist coach after a group of Americans  visited Windsor Castle.

"Well, it's very nice but I wouldn't have built it so close to the airport".
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    Nollie said:
    Stopped by an American tourist in the centre of Edinburgh and asked ‘What is that big castle-like building up there?’ Er, it’s Edinburgh Castle... ‘oh reeallly?!!, Wow!!’
    I was stopped by an American tourist in Edinburgh castle when they were changing guards. 
    " what just happened then?" 
    " they were changing the guards"
    "but aren't they the same guys?" 
    "no, they just look the same as they're wearing the same uniform"
    " Oh...." blank look and walked away. 
    Devon.
  • FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 35,156
    Nollie said:
    Yes - you can't beat those tourists for their astonishing lack of basic knowledge, can you?  :D
    We just keep happily taking their money off them...... ;)

@josusa47 - that's actually quite terrifying  :o
    It's a place where beautiful isn't enough of a word....

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,165
    to think these folk are allowed to vote and breed!!!!
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 16,582
    Letter to a travel agent...
    we asked for two single beds and you gave us a double, now I’m pregnant and I’m holding your company responsible.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• B3B3 Posts: 15,072
    You specifically or does one need..?
    In London. Keen but lazy.
  • josusa47josusa47 Posts: 3,461
    American tourists .....   While I was a railway guard on the London - Brighton line, we stopped at Gatwick Airport, and an AT asked me,  "How do I get on the train?"  I suggested one foot at a time - it works for me.

And halfway along the north Wales coast on the way to Holyhead for the ferry to Dun Laoghaire,  "Are we in Scotland yet?"