Forum home Plants

Can you identify this plant?

Hello,

Does anybody know the name of this plant, I’ve been searching for one all over and I can’t seem to remember the name for the life of me.

Seems to really love my back garden so I’m sticking with it!

Thanks 😊

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 12,483
    It's a hosta, don't know which one though.
  • dappledshadedappledshade Posts: 1,017
    Glorious!! I'm having No-Chewed-Leaves-On-This-Hosta envy now 😁
    Could be a Francee?
  • Thank you both 😊

I had lots of chewed leaves in the spring but I think it’s that big it’s scaring them off now 😂

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Posts: 87,946
    I’ll give @Hostafan1 a nudge ... he’ll want to see that beauty 😊 

Gardening in Central Norfolk on improved gritty moraine over chalk ... free-draining.

• JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Posts: 1,023
    It’s beautiful, so are your standard fustian, bet they will be stunning when they open.
    Marne la vallée, basically just outside Paris 🇫🇷, but definitely Scottish at heart.
  • Red mapleRed maple Posts: 1,094
    My hostas have done well this year, too. Mine look to be the same variety as yours, Stephen, but they were given to me and I don't know the name if the variety they are. I've got mine in pots. Some leaves have been munched, but on the who,e they don't look too bad.
  • It’s beautiful, so are your standard fustian, bet they will be stunning when they open.
    Thank you Jacqui 💙
  • My local Homebase had a new delivery today of Hostas, different colours, reds, red and pinks, beautiful. Six for £3. Couldn’t say no really lol.
  • Silver surferSilver surfer Posts: 4,714
    edited July 2019
    Gardenpixie99.
    Hmm! Are you sure you bought Hosta...they are not normally red, red and pinks?

OMG ...50p each ...cheap for any plant.
    Perthshire. SCOTLAND .
  • Just a quick update, does anybody know if this is a burn from the sun today, it seems to have appeared from nowhere 🤯