Bees being killed

There is a green spider that is killing the honey bees on my hollyhocks, I am worried due to the decline in our bees and I love bees and watching them but seeing this is heartbreaking, is there anything I can do, or leave nature to take it’s course ? 

• Victoria SpongeVictoria Sponge WearsidePosts: 2,769
    I would leave the spiders but plant more bee friendly flowers🙂
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 56,313
    I think it’s all part of Nature doing her thing ... spiders need to eat too. 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Gardenpixie99Gardenpixie99 Kent Posts: 25
    @Dovefromabove yes, still hate the bees being killed 😞
  • AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,885
    It looks like a crab spider l think. It injects them with venom so at least the death is quick. I have had bees caught up in webs in the greenhouse and to hear the  high pitched frantic buzzing is awful.  If l can reach them with the aid of a stick, l do try,  but they are usually too tied up by the web unfortunately. At least this spider means a quick end. 
  • nutcutletnutcutlet PeterboroughPosts: 26,043
    It's all our wildlife, everything has to eat and most have to be eaten. It all needs our protection rather than interference and species discrimination. 
  • Gardenpixie99Gardenpixie99 Kent Posts: 25
    AnniD said:
    It looks like a crab spider l think. It injects them with venom so at least the death is quick. I have had bees caught up in webs in the greenhouse and to hear the  high pitched frantic buzzing is awful.  If l can reach them with the aid of a stick, l do try,  but they are usually too tied up by the web unfortunately. At least this spider means a quick end. 
    Aww I would try and save them as well. I have some Chaters hollyhocks as well and after inspecting them these spiders are on them as well.