Forum home Problem solving

Rose Leaves being attacked!

Afternoon everyone, I have a beautiful David Austin Rose, ‘Rushing Stream’ which is doing so well.  However, I have noticed that something is attacking the leaves.  Any ideas what’s causing it and how to treat it? Many thanks in advance 👍🏻
ne, 

• OmoriOmori North YorkshirePosts: 1,659
    Maybe sawfly larva? Small green caterpillar-like with brownish/orange heads? 
  • AllyblueeyesAllyblueeyes Posts: 389
    Omori said:
    Maybe sawfly larva? Small green caterpillar-like with brownish/orange heads? 
    Thanks Omori, but I only noticed it yesterday and so far, absolutely no sign of life.  Will keep a very close eye in case it is sawfly larva.  If it is, what do I need to do to eradicate them? 
  • B3B3 South East LondonPosts: 24,013
    They've probably been and gone.
    If you see them, pick off the leaf and dispose of it. If you have a bird table leave it there for the birds.
    In London. Keen but lazy.
    B3 said:
    They've probably been and gone.
    If you see them, pick off the leaf and dispose of it. If you have a bird table leave it there for the birds.
    Thanks B3, I hope they have gone ..... and if they dare to reappear, the birds get ‘em!
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 905
    Vine weevil? They can strip entire leaves if not branches in a single night. Go out with a torch after dark to check.
    Vine weevil? They can strip entire leaves if not branches in a single night. Go out with a torch after dark to check.
    Will do Jacqui, thank you!