Best plants bees butterfly

Janicehewitt18Janicehewitt18 Posts: 3
edited 14 July in Wildlife gardening
already started a wild life patch I like to know we’re can I purchase more seeds to get a more plant diversity wanting lost of colour and any one know best time to plant and how to take care of space after planting once seed as fallen thank you looking to the reply also can in box me on best place to purchase seed [email protected] 

• fidgetbonesfidgetbones Posts: 13,621
    There are quite a lot of seed merchants that do a wildlife mix. Most single flowerered plants provide something for wildlife, even if they are not wild flowers. Double flowered type have less use for wildlife. Do you want a meadow or something that looks like a more formal garden but has attractions for different wildlife.
    First you have to decide if you want an annual mix, that you have to clear away at the end of the year, after the seeds have fallen, or a perennial mix. Some of the perennial mixes have annuals in to provide colour the first year.  Some you just scatter, other rarer plants you raise as plugs and then drop in.  It also depends on whether you have full sun or dry shade.
    Friday nights Gardeners World had a lot of info in, so I would watch that for some ideas.

If you do a google search on "wildlife gardening" it brings up lots of books to give detailed advice.

You don't stop doing new things because you get old, you get old because you stop doing new things. <3
  • CeresCeres Posts: 1,823
    Here's another seed company that does wildflower mixes and individual varieties. https://www.kingsseeds.com/

• wild edgeswild edges The north west of south east WalesPosts: 3,615
    Borage is pretty much a must have for all wildlife gardens. The seed is easy to save and sow but it also self seeds readily.