Gardeners' World 17th July

AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,190
Just a "heads up" that Gardeners' World is on Wednesday next week (17th) at 9pm. This is because the first night of the Proms starts at 7.30pm, followed by golf.
At least the powers that be haven't cancelled it altogether! 

• PurplerainPurplerain Posts: 857
    Thanks Anni I will make a note of that. I didn't see it last night so just catching up now on the wildflower meadows. Looks interesting.
    SW Scotland
  • Nanny BeachNanny Beach Posts: 2,895
    still annoying, they dont ever move or change Eastenders do they, cant believe people want to watch that on Christmas Day!
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,598
    still annoying, they dont ever move or change Eastenders do they, cant believe people want to watch that on Christmas Day!
    or maybe just move sport to midnight
    Devon.
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,917
    I have a ‘series record’ set so whenever it is I won’t miss it ... and I won’t miss the Proms either 😎 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 20,598
    don't think my VHS has anything fancy like " series record" lol
    Devon.
  • LynLyn DevonPosts: 13,532
    I read once that the reason they put the soaps on Christmas Day and always play the most tragic scenes is so that people who live on their own and never see anyone can think there’s someone worst off than them. 
    Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor. 

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,190
    "'Appy Christmas Ange".....classic. 
    Don't watch any soaps these days, too much shouting and generally depressing stuff for me...
    I have found myself rewatching "Dinnerladies" over the last few nights. 
    Sorry, that should be on the TV Programmes thread !   
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 53,917
    Gotta love Dinnerladies ... Victoria was a real genius 💕 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• AnniDAnniD Posts: 4,190
    She was indeed Dove, l miss her humour very much. I loved "That day we sang".
    Anyone who can rhyme "Berni Inn" with "chagrin" is a genius.
    https://lyrics.fandom.com/wiki/Victoria_Wood:Berni_Inn