Any idea what this is?

Hi everybody. I’m new to this forum and quite honestly, new to the delights of gardening. My passion for gardening started 4 years ago when I moved into a new build property. As most new build properties go the gardens are no more than a square of badly laid grass turf but over the last 4 years I have started to turn my garden into a lovely retreat and I’m so far please with the progress I’ve made. A few days ago I came across a huge multi-coloured bush in a hospital grounds and it was so beautiful but I’ve absolutely no idea what it is and I was wondering if any of you could identify it for me......

• FairygirlFairygirl west central ScotlandPosts: 23,916
    edited 12 July
    It's one of the Hebes  :)
    Possibly Midsummer Beauty
    And somewhere on the hill
    Inside the past we hear the bells
    Catching only parts of thoughts
    And fragments of ourselves
    Till we begin
    Again

• Thank you ever so much 👍🏼
    I will start doing a bit of research on it. Thanks for the lightening reply. 
    You're welcome Claire.
    There's a few of them flowering round here just now, and they look great  :)
    Till we begin
    Again

• They really are breathtaking aren’t they! It’s amazing how much there is to learn when you start enjoying gardening. So far this summer I’ve discovered the perils of rose black spot and red-thread in the lawn and to my amazement I’ve dealt with them and the garden is looking fab. My next mystery to solve is my star jasmine climbers. I planted one at each side of a pergola. The one to the right hand side has flourished and the one to the left only appears to have new growth near the bottom. I also have two summer jasmines growing on a trellis under the pergola and once again, the one to the right has started to come on leaps and bounds and the right hand side one doesn’t appear too healthy. Any ideas?
  • Here are the jasmines
    It's probably better to start a new thread for advice on those.
    I don't grow them , as many of the jasmines aren't hardy here, but many people here do. A pic would help too if you can manage it.
    It's possible one has more light/water/nutrition than the other, but it's also fairly normal for two identical plants to grow at different rates. Other planting in and around a struggling plant can also inhibit it's growth :)
    Till we begin
    Again

• Ok thanks. Thanks for all your advice 👍🏼🌺
     :)