Forum home Garden design

Any ideas what to do with this huge garden!?

2»

• LiriodendronLiriodendron Scariff, County Clare, IrelandPosts: 6,178
    That would be really interesting, @lilmissykat1 - we love being nosey!!   :D
    I've just seen your question about the patio... I'll have a look through my photos...

This is taken from the top of the garden steps...

- and this is looking across the patio.  Taken last March, I think.

"The one who plants trees, knowing that he will never sit in their shade, has at least started to understand the meaning of life."  Rabindranath Tagore
  • @Liriodendron I love that! That was the kind of idea I was looking for with stones and a seating area and some plant pots! Thanks so much guys! Can’t wait to do this project 🙌☺️🌱 💐 
  • @Hexagon love it! Would be a good use of space! I think I would put it down the other end as my dad was telling me he has plans to put decking in this end of garden so I have free reign of opposite end and embankment! 🙌😂 Nice of you to spend time and do that, can envision things better! Never thought to put some edits in and play around with ideas before deciding! Thanks ☺️☺️
  • Kate.harriKate.harri Posts: 44
    You have my sympathy, I too have a Garden much bigger than I want or need. Years ago I would have loved it but now I have RA it’s not possible.
    I thought of asking my gardener to separate into diamond shaped flower beds. You could have one for tropical plants like palms and ferns. Are flower beds something you would like?
    K
  • Kate.harriKate.harri Posts: 44
    @Hexagon thanks for your reply! Aww that would be amazing! Love b and m! 😂 dangerous place to venture into I always come out with half the shop! 🙌😂
    I used to But not any more in fact I only go in for £1.00 kitchen roll these days....😂
    K
  • Yes want to put flower beds in just to break up the garden a bit and add some colour as there’s a lot of green 🙈😂