Morning glory

annsibley44annsibley44 Posts: 2
Why hasn't my morning glory flowered. It is my first year with one .it's climbing all over trellis and no flowers 

• debs64debs64 West Midlands, on the edge of the Black Country Posts: 1,858
    No flowers on mine yet either I think a few things are late this year. 
  • EricaheatherEricaheather North West uk Posts: 197
    Same here. Mine have barely got going
  • annsibley44annsibley44 Posts: 2
    Thanx for reply.Ericaheather and Debs64  Will just be patient and see what happens
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,613
    We’ve had a few flowers but not many so far ... I think a dose of tomato feed may be in order 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• Guernsey Donkey2Guernsey Donkey2 Posts: 6,276
    I am growing them for the first year too, and have no flowers either, although the plants are still climbing upwards.  Should I be pinching the new growth off, to encourage more side shoots and perhaps flowers will then come too?
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,345
     From my previous few years experience, it may yet be a tad early for them to come into flower.
    Once they start, they are usually prolific and wander as far as you let them.
    Worth saving the seeds from year to year as well. 
  • JacquimcmahonJacquimcmahon Paris FrancePosts: 318
    Bit early for flowers, hang tight they will come. Careful on the feeding they go to loads of beautiful foliage but few flowers if over fed. They actually thrive in poor soil and neglect so just have patience. I’ve had great success with loads of different varieties by planting and then ignoring them.