Pot plant

I need a plant approx height 1.5m to go in a pot ideally not deciduous something that can cope in a windy location and north facing. Any suggestions gratefully received.

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,471
    How big is the pot?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• SummergardenSummergarden Posts: 26
    Hi it’s 60cm
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 55,471
    Hi it’s 60cm
    And how wide?
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 374
    Does it need to be flowering? Or screening? You said the area is north facing and windy - is it shady (shade created by buildings or trees) or is it open (light location but with a small amount of direct sun)?
  • SummergardenSummergarden Posts: 26
    The pot is 60x60cm. It doesn’t have to flower it’s more for screening it has sun till about 6pm then it’s in light shade shaded by trees. The plant can’t go in the ground.
  • hogweedhogweed Central ScotlandPosts: 3,937
    Sarcocca humilis? scented flowers in winter, evergreen. 
    'Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement' - Helen Keller
  • philippa smith2philippa smith2 Posts: 7,312
    Sarcocca is a good one but in a 60 x 60 pot, I don't think it will reach the height you require.  Mine has been in a similar size container for 5 years  - healthy and producing flowers and seedlings but is still only about 12 " above soil level.
  • edhelkaedhelka GwyneddPosts: 374
    What about one of the smaller clumping bamboos? Fargesia murialiae would be lovely or maybe one of the nitidas.