AngelWing

Very surprised at our Angel Wing plant about to flower!

• Joy*Joy* Posts: 279
    Wow! I posted a question earlier asking if Angels Wings flowered. How old is your beautiful plant and does it live outside please?
  • Ladybird4Ladybird4 Third rock from the sunPosts: 24,607
    Hello aprilsherry23 and welcome to the forum. These plants are mainly grown for their gorgeous foliage as the yellow flowers are not very eyecatching. The plant is borderline hardy and should be given some protection in the winter. Many people just treat it as an annual and grow fresh every year.
    Cacoethes: An irresistible urge to do something inadvisable
  • April12345April12345 Posts: 2
    Yes, we bought the initial plant 3 years ago and it has spread wonderfully, even taken cuttings and produced new plants. Luminous leaves at dusk :). They all seem to have survived the winters and the recent flower buds was a nice surprise. 
  • Joy*Joy* Posts: 279
    My oldest plant is 2 years old so perhaps next year.........
    I suppose the bit which flowers will die off? If it does, April, the rest should be ok. My oldest plant lived indoors as it was bought in late autumn. It got very leggy so I cut the top off and planted it. The rest of the plant soon grew so much it filled the gap completely and the top made another lovely plant. They now live outside all the time.