Hi, and rockery help?

Hi all. Recently moved to Buxton in Derbyshire and my garden is quite an interesting propistion. It used to be a quarry, and we have a big cliff at the back of us. Lovely at the moment with all kinds of fauna and Foxgloves! anyway, whilst the wife is managing the front garden, I'm left to come up with ideas foir the back garden. I've started on a rockery, so looking for ideas for that? Its half shaded, so that needs to be taken into account. Oh, and first stop is to identify this little feller.  Rat or Field Mouse? I noticed a small 5cm hole in a mound on the rockery and so put the nightcam to work. This is best images I have. All comments on anything welcome and loooking forward to contributing to the forum. 

• DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 54,535
    edited 8 July
    Hi :)
    5cm hole and a long hairless tail says young rat to me. 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• CeresCeres Posts: 1,709
    You're lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the country. I have always been struck by the streams that run next to the roads up in the hills, with all the moss and ferns that flourish in the shade of the trees. And of course, it does get a bit cold there in winter.