Partly Shaded Wall Garden Ideas

Ne1lNe1l Posts: 23
Hi Folks

I recently removed decking (went up to the white on the wall) in the back garden which has exposed a fairly large area. I was wondering if anyone could give me ideas of what type of plants I could go far. Ideally it would benefit nature. I've planted ferns near my compost heap and was thinking of having some ivy and honey suckle for the walled area. Any other suggestions?

The Sun comes round the house to the left of the shed, then behind the ash trees.

Many Thanks
Neil

• Fran IOMFran IOM Posts: 1,070
    @Ne1l Just bumping up your thread for you as you have had no responses yet. With all the photos you have downloaded I am sure you will be disappointed. There are members out there who will be able to give you ideas.  :)
  • Busy-LizzieBusy-Lizzie Posts: 13,726
    Do you mean to climb up the wall? Planting where the bench is? Or around it? I expect the ground will be dry from the 2 trees taking up most of the moisture and acting like umbrellas in the rain. You will probably have to dig in quite a bit of compost and plant plants for dry shade such as Brunnera Jack Frost, Geranium Phaeum and Geranium Macrorrhizum. Honeysuckle and Ivy should be OK, they are woodland plants.
    Dordogne and Norfolk