Forum home Problem solving

Hydrangea un healthy

Please can someone  tel me what is up with this hydrangea  this year it was beautiful last year but not looking at all good this year.
Thanks for any advice you give..

• chickychicky SurreyPosts: 10,296
    I wouldn’t be too worried if that was mine - sometimes the older leaves do get a bit discoloured, and all your fresh growth looks healthy.  Is there anyway you could get it out of a pot and into the ground?  They are quite big plants, and it would probably benefit from having room to stretch its toes 👣
  • BigpaulBigpaul Posts: 15
    We only bought it last year from the malvern flower show  think it had been forced to flower early .
    So we put in pot as was such a young plant will pot in garden  next year but was struggling  this year and didn't  know why.
    Thanks for your advice. 
  • DovefromaboveDovefromabove Central Norfolk UKPosts: 82,175
    I’d put it in the ground now rather than wait  ... if you prepare a good spot for it and water it well it’ll not suffer and I’m sure it’ll start to improve very quickly 😊 
    “I am not lost, for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost.” Winnie the Pooh

• LynLyn DevonPosts: 21,137
    It needs putting out in the ground Paul,  that’s all that’s wrong with it.
    make sure you give it loads of water for a start as we are in a bit of a drought at the moment.

Gardening on the wild, windy west side of Dartmoor.