Forum home The potting shed

Hampton Court Garden Festival 2019

LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,910
edited July 2019 in The potting shed
I was going to put my photos on the Garden Visits thread, but then I thought there were probably quite a few others who went so we could all put them here. I don't *think* there's already a thread for them... if there is, please feel free to ignore!

My photos aren't quite sorted yet - got to make sure I'm getting the garden names right, so will have to post them later. For now, the garden calls!
'If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.'
- Cicero

• amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,687
    Looking forward to seeing them as didn't fancy paying their exorbitant admission fee ;) 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow
  • KT53KT53 Posts: 4,595
    Looking forward to seeing them as didn't fancy paying their exorbitant admission fee ;) 
    Admission costs are getting to be ridiculous.  Even Malvern was over £25 for admission on the day.  We won't pre-book because we want to be able to choose the day with the best weather forecast.
  • LG_LG_ gardens in SE LondonPosts: 2,910
    All a lot cheaper than Chelsea though!

I was in the garden a lot longer than intended, and going out in a minute, so just a few tonight.

Cancer Research UK Garden. Really lovely planting, with some interesting choices of rose which looked amazing in combination. It might look a bit over-designed in these photos, but it was actually a very pleasant space to be in. I thought it worked very well.

- Cicero
    The Drought Resistant Garden (Beth Chatto): gorgeous and clever planting. Spotted Carol Klein!

- Cicero
  • amancalledgeorgeamancalledgeorge South LondonPosts: 1,687
    The gravel garden looks great...even if it's not Beth's legendary ex carpark 😉 the RHS put on YouTube a short highlights video too. Wish they'd make longer versions and if needed charge a small fee for viewing. 
    To Plant a Garden is to Believe in Tomorrow

Saw Adam looking very dapper too, but didn't take a photo. 
    - Cicero
  • Paul NPaul N Bearsted, KentPosts: 300
    We're going up on Sunday, partly as our daughter is singing in one of the choirs. This will probably be out third visit as I don't care much for crowds and it's bound to be a hot day, nevertheless Panama hat and bottles of chilled water are at the ready.
    A few more of the Beth Chatto garden, including Allium 'Summer Drummer' that keeps being mentioned on here!

- Cicero
  • Hostafan1Hostafan1 Posts: 26,167
    I watched the tv coverage on Thursday nigth. Glad to see the Agapanthus "expert" debunk the " they need to be potbound" nonsense.
    The lovely Francis Tophill managed the word " amazing" 6 times in her slot. Amazing.
    Devon.
  • herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,008
    A wonderful afternoon, lovely gardens (way more 'wildflower meadows' than before ) but I missed having the Raymond Blanc Cookery School garden which was a highlight for me last year.

Not really a flower person, they have to earn their keep and be very low maintenance but you are all obviously having an effect on me as I bought flowers just because they looked pretty!
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett