Forum home The potting shed

Really excited! Hampton tomorrow.

herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,008
Annual birthday gift from youngest daughter (who would go anyway it must be said  :) ) and now the weather seems to have calmed a bit I'm really looking forward to it. I do get mildly annoyed that they don't put a very basic map online to help plan our wanderings but hey ho.

If anyone has been can they suggest a direct route from the Long Water entrance to the Dig in Live theatre please? And is there air conditioning in the Floral Marquee again this year? Whoever it was that pointed that up last year saved our lives!
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,008
    It was Liriodendron - thank you so much!
    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."  Sir Terry Pratchett
  • JemulaJemula Posts: 109
    I went yesterday.  I hope you can see enough detail from this photo.  Not sure about air conditioning in the floral marquee.  It didn’t seem too hot in there anyway.

• Bright starBright star Wrea GreenPosts: 794
    I was there yesterday and the floral marquee certainly wasn’t too hot, I could feel cool air but couldn’t say wether it was air conditioning or because some of the walls had been rolled up. It was a fantastic day and the best show I have been to so far. The Beth Chetto garden was stunning and Downderry lavender nursery display in the floral marquee was gorgeous.
    Life's tragedy is that we get old too soon and wise too late.

• herbaceousherbaceous E. BerksPosts: 2,008
    My daughter has the Downderry still display on our list of must see stuff @Bright star a list which is growing all the time. Good to know you enjoyed it so much, I was a little disappointed a couple of years ago but it seems to have found its feet again.

Hence needing to plan our wanderings so thank you @Jemula that is just what I need  :)  We have a finite amount of time, I have a finite amount of money and we are both prone to distractions so we have made a list of absolute musts.

I think they have air-con again as I paused the recording from tonight to check! Forecast is back up to 24C so I will be in need of a bit of chill just to keep going I suspect.

Thank you both.